Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WWW WEDNESDAYS (4) and WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (60)


Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To participate in this feature, you just have answer these three simple questions:

  1. What are you currently reading?
  2. What did you recently finish reading?
  3. What do you think you'll read next?

CURRENTLY READING...

Sweet Revenge (Nemesis Unlimited, #1)
Historical romance that is very reminiscent of the TV show, Leverage, with a group of men and women who try to gain justice for those who can't get it themselves.


Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
Urban fantasy about an assassin who has control over the stone and ice elements.  I just started this audiobook last night, but am really intrigued by Gin's character already.

All Night with a Rogue (Lords of Vice, #1)
Historical with an anti-hero and a musician heroine.  I've heard good things about this author and series so I'm excited to try it out.

RECENTLY FINISHED READING...

Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
Really good sequel to Sweet Evil.  We get to know more about the role of Nephs and how Anna fits into that world.  Not enough Kaidan for me, but still enjoyable.


Eon (Eon, #1)
Fun and creative fantasy heavily inspired by Asian culture.  The world building and side characters really stood out to me with this one.

WHAT I'M READING NEXT...

Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
Impatiently waiting for my copy to come in the mail this week.  I'm sad this is the last Spindle Cove book, but I'm excited because this is one of my favorite series.

Seraphina (Seraphina, #1)
Another dragon story that has gotten some great reviews.  I got this from the library so I need to read it soon before its due.

The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales, #4)
I adore James's historical fairy tales and I've had this on my TBR shelf for awhile.  But, the release of her newest one, Once Upon a Tower, has me motivated to get caught up on the series.

****************************************************************************


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting.


What the Duke Desires  (The Duke's Men, #1)


WHAT THE DUKE DESIRES
(The Duke's Men #1)
by Sabrina Jeffries

Expected Publication: June 18, 2013
Historical Romance

Maximilian Cale, the Duke of Lyons, long ago buried his grief for his missing elder brother, Peter, who was presumed dead after being kidnapped. When a mysterious note arrives from Tristan Bonnaud asserting that the Duke's brother is alive, it leads Max straight to the winsome Lisette Bonnaud, illegitimate daughter of a viscount and Tristan's sister. Soon he and Lisette are traveling to Paris posing as husband and wife, in search of Tristan, who has disappeared. And the longer he spends with Lisette, the easier it is for Max to see that the line between dukedom and desire is easier to cross than he imagined.

WHY I'M WAITING: I love Sabrina Jeffries's historical romances so I'm excited to see her starting a new series.  I remember Max from her Hellions of Halstead Hall and School for Heiresses series and I love seeing old favorites get their own story.

  

9 comments:

  1. Oooh Sabrina Jeffries. And look at that cover! Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that Seraphina cover on another www Wed thread before and vaguely remember the blogger liking it. My list is at http://katybrandes.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/www-wednesday-may-29/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Peril looks really good :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/05/www-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of Spider's bite but haven't read it yet. Looks good.

    Here is my WWW http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/www-wednesdays-may-29/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listened to the audio of Spider's Bite as well and I wenjoyed it...just as I enjoyed Eon. Any Duchess Will Do has been taunting me for awhile now I really need to clear up some other review books first though. :-( I do love Tessa Dare though

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ugly Duchess was an amazing one! I LOVED it! Let me know how you like it. I just love Sabrina Jeffries so I am looking forward to What The Duke Desires. Plus the cover is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've mentioned so many books by author's that I want to give a try. Tessa Dare, Eloisa James and Sabrina Jeffries. I used to read historical romances ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME, but stopped. But I love them. I just super picky, so, I think I'm actually nervous to try something by someone new. I really need to just bite the bullet and jump in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a huge Tessa Dare fangirl especially her Spindle Cove series. She reminds me a lot of Julia Quinn with her sense of humor. Eloisa James and Sabrina Jeffries are all great too and have huge backlists to get lost in. I am actually picky when it comes to historical romance (though it doesn't always seem that way in my blog). There are a select group of writers that I enjoy and it is hard for newbies to get into that group. If you want specific recommendations for "jumping in", just let me know!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.