Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WWW WEDNESDAYS (3) and WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (59)


Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To participate in this feature, you just have answer these three simple questions:

  1. What are you currently reading?
  2. What did you recently finish reading?
  3. What do you think you'll read next?

CURRENTLY READING...
Sweet Revenge (Nemesis Unlimited, #1)  Eon (Eon, #1) Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
*Sweet Revenge by Zoe Archer (historical romance) -- Intriguing concept!

*Eon by Alison Goodman (YA fantasy) -- Really getting into the meat of the story and loving where the author is taking it!
*Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins (YA paranormal) -- Just started it this morning and am so excited!

RECENTLY FINISHED READING...
Seducing The Single Lady  A to Z (Coda Books, #2)  Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #4)
*Seducing the Single Lady by Maya Rodale (historical romance) -- Cute novella that is inspired by the works of Beyonce!
*A to Z by Marie Sexton (male/male romance) -- Continuing my re-read of Sexton's Coda series in anticipation of the release of Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding in June.
*Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Volume 4 by Naoko Takeuchi (manga fantasy) -- Loved the TV series in middle school and really enjoying the re-release of the manga!


WHAT I'M PLANNING ON READING NEXT...
A Woman Entangled (Blackshear Family, #3)  Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)

*A Woman Entangled by Cecilia Grant (historical romance) -- Netgalley e-arc that is the conclusion of a trilogy.  I enjoyed the first two by this author.
*Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep (urban fantasy) -- Love this author's YA series and am excited to see how she does with UF.

****************************************************************************



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 









Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1)
ANTIGODDESS
(GODDESS WAR #1)
by Kendare Blake

Expected Publication: September 10, 2013
Young Adult -- Paranormal/Fantasy

Old Gods never die…

Or so Athena thought. But then the feathers started sprouting beneath her skin, invading her lungs like a strange cancer, and Hermes showed up with a fever eating away his flesh. So much for living a quiet eternity in perpetual health.

Desperately seeking the cause of their slow, miserable deaths, Athena and Hermes travel the world, gathering allies and discovering enemies both new and old. Their search leads them to Cassandra—an ordinary girl who was once an extraordinary prophetess, protected and loved by a god.

These days, Cassandra doesn’t involve herself in the business of gods—in fact, she doesn’t even know they exist. But she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning.

Because Hera, the queen of the gods, has aligned herself with other of the ancient Olympians, who are killing off rivals in an attempt to prolong their own lives. But these anti-gods have become corrupted in their desperation to survive, horrific caricatures of their former glory. Athena will need every advantage she can get, because immortals don’t just flicker out.

Every one of them dies in their own way. Some choke on feathers. Others become monsters. All of them rage against their last breath.

The Goddess War is about to begin.
WHY I'M EXCITED: I haven't read Blake's previous works, but I've heard great things about Anna Dressed in Blood.  I am excited because I love books that deal with mythology and this seems like an original take on these classic stories.  Plus Cassandra and Athena are some of my favorite characters from Greek myth!

  

7 comments:

  1. Sweet Revenge looks good, I will have to check that one out on GR. And I just love the cover of A Woman Entangled. Hope you are having a fantastic reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you picked Antigoddess, that one's high up on my wishlist and can't wait to read it! Hope you enjoy Eon, I read it last year, loved it and the sequel!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for Antigoddes, too. I love Greek mythology (although not always books based on Greek mythology). Here's hoping it's a good one. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks like you've been really busy reading, reading, reading. I really need to read Eon. I've heard wonderful things about it, and it's definitely on my TBR list (along with a zillion other books) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spider's bite looks awesome. Hope it is good.

    Here is my WWW http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/www-wednesdays-may-22/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! You've read and are about to read some terrific books!! I LOVE the cover of "Sweet Revenge", and I've got to find out more! "Eon" and "Sweet Peril" are supposed to be great reads, from what I've heard. I also like "A Woman Entangled", and "Spider's Bite"! As for your WOW pick, it's awesome, too!! I love Greek mythology myself.

    Thanks for fattening my TBR list!! Lol. Happy Reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.