Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WWW WEDNESDAYS (1) and WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (57)


Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To participate in this feature, you just have answer these three simple questions:

  1. What are you currently reading?
  2. What did you recently finish reading?
  3. What do you think you'll read next?




CURRENTLY READING...
I am about halfway through Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout and really loving it!  I'm also listening to Alison Goodman's Eon: Dragoneye Reborn which is a fabulous YA high fantasy.  I just started Lord of Wicked Intentions by Lorraine Heath last night so I don't have much to say about it yet, but I'm excited to read Rafe's story.

Apollyon (Covenant, #4)  Eon (Eon, #1)  Lord of Wicked Intentions (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #3)

RECENTLY FINISHED READING...
I just finished About a Dragon by G.A. Aiken yesterday morning.  It was just as hilarious and over the top as the other books in the series.  I also recently finished Jax Garren's conclusion to her Tales of the Underlight trilogy, How Beauty Loved the Beast, and it was amazing!  My reviews of both of these books hould be published sometime next week.

About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2)   How Beauty Loved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #3)

WHAT I'M READING NEXT...
I am probably going to read Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins or Heart of Iron by Bec McMaster next.  I also need to catch up on my review books and will try to fit A Woman Entangled by Cecilia Grant in my schedule this weekend.

Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)   Heart of Iron (London Steampunk, #2)  A Woman Entangled (Blackshear Family, #3)

****************************************************************************



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 










Up From the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)


(Night Huntress #7)
by Jeaniene Frost

Expected Publication: January 28, 2014
Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance -- Vampires

Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war…

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death…because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives—and those of everyone they hold dear— will be hovering on the edge of the grave.
WHY I'M WAITING: I freaking love this series!  Cat and Bones are two of my all-time favorite literary characters and I have been eagerly anticipating their next story.  January 2014 is a long time to wait, but I'm just happy there is a release date, cover, and summary for me to fangirl over until then.  If you haven't tried this series yet, I highly recommend it for the worldbuilding, humor, and all the sexy romance!

7 comments:

  1. Hope you are enjoying Rafe's story--I just loved that one. Lorraine Heath is one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Cat & Bones books, but I know someone who adores them. She will be very excited to learn when the next one is coming out. She's read all the others many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so intrigued by About A Dragon. Thanks for alerting me to it. New follower via Bloglovin.
    You can find my WWW here: http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/
    cheers
    Gwynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's my first time to your blog! My current list is at http://katybrandes.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/www-wednesday-may-8/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Me too :D So can't wait for the next in the Cat and Bones. I love Jennifer Armentrout, but I haven't read that series yet. I am so glad that you are enjoying it. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love EON, and EONA is even better! So glad you're enjoying it. I bet it'd be fun to listen to on audio.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving it! The narrator is amazing and just makes me feel like I am inside the story. Glad to hear such good things from others about it!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.