Tuesday, May 14, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books That Deal with Tough Subjects


Hosted by the ladies at The Broke and Bookish.


TOP TEN BOOKS THAT DEAL WITH TOUGH SUBJECTS
The Rake Broken Wing When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) Always to Remember Between Sinners and Saints

1. The Rake by Mary Jo Putney -- Alcoholism

2. Broken Wing by Judith James -- PTSD, Abuse (sexual and physical)

3. When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn -- Grief

4. Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath -- Grief

5. Between Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton -- Sexual Abuse

Thirteen Reasons Why Dreamland Speak The Fault in Our Stars Easy

6. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher -- Suicide

7. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen -- Domestic Abuse

8. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson -- Rape

9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green -- Life with Cancer

10. Easy by Tammara Webber -- PTSD, Bullying

6 comments:

  1. Thirteen Reasons Why seems to be quite a popular choice. Tough books are so difficult to read.
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are. I had a difficult time with this week's list because I don't usually seek out books that make me cry too hard. I have avoided so many books that people have mentioned because I don't think I could handle it. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Great list. TFiOS was on my list too. =) Thanks for sharing!

    My TTT:http://gobsandgobsofbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-books-dealing-with-tough.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list, I love The Fault in Our Stars and Thirteen Reasons Why as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just kicking myself for forgetting to include Dreamland. Grr. Oh well.

    I seriosuly need to read Easy. I keep hearing how wonderful it is, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

    Did you like When He Was Wicked? I thought it was okay, and I love that JQ was breaking the mold or whatever, but it wasn't my favorite. I think I would have liked it more if the heroine didn't get together with her dead husbands cousin. Maybe if the guys weren't related. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, but I will admit the cousin thing took some time to get used to. It made me cry so I think that signals a good book for me. The second epilogue of WHWW was my favorite of all of them in her new Bridgertons: Happily Ever After anthology!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.