Tuesday, May 7, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Read When in Need of Something Light and Fun


Hosted by the ladies at The Broke and Bookish.

TOP TEN BOOKS I READ WHEN IN NEED OF SOMETHING LIGHT AND FUN

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) Bet Me Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)

1. Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper (particularly the audiobooks)
This paranormal series just makes me smile from beginning to end!  Jane and her friends' antics are always entertaining and the audiobook narration by Amanda Ronconi is just icing on the cake.

2. Heather Wells series by Meg Cabot
A mystery series that involves a former teen idol who is the manager of a college dorm and all the hijinks that come with it.  Classic Cabot humor!

3. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
Contemporary romance that I would love to see as a romantic comedy film someday...if they do it justice.  Great, funny characters and some pretty hilarious scenes like the glazed doughnut wedding cake.

4. Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Almost anything SEP does is worthy of this list, but MMIYC is my personal favorite.  The back-and-forth between our matchmaker heroine and sports agent hero is exactly what I need after a long, hard day.

5. Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori
Super funny manga series involving high school, cross dressing, and over-the-top flirtation.  The 26 episode anime series is also pure entertainment and is available on Netflix if you are interested.

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1) Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2) Neanderthal Seeks Human: A Smart Romance (Knitting in the City, #1)

6. Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison
I fell for these books in high school the moment I saw the titles: Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging; Dancing in my Nuddy-Pants; And Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers, etc.

7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Sometimes I really want a light and sweet teen love story and the fact that this one takes place in Paris just boosts it up the list.

8. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
My all-time favorite historical romance that is full of snarky humor, runaway dogs, and an amazing love story.

9. See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
More funny sports romance!  I don't know much about hockey, but that doesn't deter my overall enjoyment of this goalie meets reporter story.

10. Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid
I just read this last week and it definitely deserves a spot on the list.  The heroine is quirky and relatable and the hero is sexy and sweet.  Perfect weekend read!

14 comments:

  1. Size 12 is not Fat is on my TBR, as is Anna and the French Kiss - I need to get to both of those soon - but there are so many books!

    Here's my TTT post for this week.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Size 12 Is Not Fat is hilarious! I hope you get to read it and its sequels soon. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I have Anna on my list, too and love Size 12 (and that whole series...and just the author in general). And Louise Rennison is hilarious. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about Meg Cabot...that woman is a genius at almost everything she writes. And yeah for another Rennison fan! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. The Viscount Who Loved Me!!! I love Julia Quinn. One of her books made my list too, but it was Romancing Mr. Bridgerton. TVWLM is my second favorite though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romancing Mr. Bridgerton is my second favorite Quinn book! Both that and TVWLM are major comfort reads for me. I'm thinking a Bridgerton re-read is in my future! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I have Anna on my list too. Great list1 I just add some to my TBR list.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Heather Wells. I have to keep reading that series. Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a few books behind on that series too. Did you know there's another one coming out in September? Yeah! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. I love Julia Quinn-The Viscount Who Loved Me was freakingly hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny. My favorite scene is the Pall Mall one. Anthony and Kate's story just makes me happy. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Nice list! The Viscount Who Loved Me was great -- it made my list, too, along with the rest of the series (but mostly Romancing Mr Bridgerton.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RMB is amazing as well. It is always a close second to TVWLM. It is great to see so many Quinn fans! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.