Saturday, May 25, 2013

STACKING THE SHELVES: May 12-25


STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

~BOUGHT~
Secrets of a Proper Countess Like No Other Lover (Pennyroyal Green, #2) How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6)A Notorious Countess Confesses (Pennyroyal Green, #7)
Twice a Rake Lord of Devil Isle This Time Next Door The Buggy List
*Secrets of a Proper Countess by Lecia Cornwall -- Amazon deal that involves a masquerade and a spy hero.  I've never read this author, but I figured I would give her a try for $0.99.

*Like No Other Lover by Julie Anne Long -- Involves a glasses wearing hero who has been in love with the heroine for a long time. 

*How the Marquess was Won by Julie Anne Long -- Features a ruthless, cold-hearted hero who falls for a paid companion.

*A Notorious Countess Confesses by Julie Anne Long -- Romance between a courtesan turned widowed countess and a wicked vicar.

*Twice a Rake by Catherine Gayle -- Freebie romance that involves a hero who must marry within a year and a heroine who is about to cause a scandal with her missing journal.

*Lord of Devil Isle by Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe -- Freebie with mail order brides and pirates!

*This Time Next Door by Gretchen Galway -- Amusing sounding freebie with a plus-sized heroine and a geeky hero.

*The Buggy List by Courtney Rice Gager -- Freebie chick lit about a happily married couple who make a list of things they want to do before having a baby.


~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~
Seraphina (Seraphina, #1) Mind Games (Mind Games, #1) How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True
*Seraphina by Rachel Hartman -- YA fantasy involving dragons and what happens to humanity when a treaty between the two races is threatened.  Has won many awards lately.

*Mind Games by Kiersten White -- YA thriller with two sisters who have supernatural abilities and are forced to use them for some pretty powerful people.

*How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer -- YA contemporary that sounds like a mix of Cinderella and The Devil Wears Prada...set in Disney World!

~RECEIVED FROM NETGALLEY~
Sweet Revenge (Nemesis Unlimited, #1) Fangirl Not Just a Governess
*Sweet Revenge by Zoe Archer -- Historical romance with an escaped convict and a heroine who is part of a mysterious organization.

*Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell -- I've heard good things about this author, but haven't read any of her work.  This one intrigues me with the fanfiction angle.

*Not Just a Governess by Carole Mortimer -- Just sounds like an intriguing historical novella plus I love anything to do with governesses in fiction.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy Seraphina and Fangirl looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I got Lord of Devil Isle the other day! Hope you enjoy everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Lots of amazing reads you have there! I really like Connie Mason and Julie Anne Long. Hope you enjoy these books!!! Have a great sunday hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot Woot for Fangirl!! I love Rainbow Rowell. You have got to read her other books.

    Is Zoe out now? I need to go put that on hold at the library.

    Just curious, have you read How to Flirt with a Werewolf by Molly Harper? I've heard good things about those books, and i just bought the first one. I think I'm going to read it soon. As in tomorrow :)

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Zoe was out until I saw it at the library...I was really excited! I have read both of Harper's Naked Werewolf books and really liked them. I think her Jane Jameson books are better, but, in my opinion, you can't go wrong with Molly Harper! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.