Friday, May 10, 2013

FOLLOW FRIDAY (71)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
Q: Happy Mother's Day!  Who is your favorite mom from fiction?

I have two answers that will probably be pretty popular today.  First, I have to honor Molly Weasley from Harry Potter.  She is such a great character and a fabulous mother (mother figure).  She won me over with her chaotic-looking house, her awesome clock, and the way she "adopted" Harry from the moment she met him.  I even named one of my kittens after her!

I also love Violet Bridgerton from Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series.  She has eight children and has had to raise most of them alone after her husband's death.  I think Violet's sense of humor and undying devotion to her family are why I admire her so much.


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: Bloglovin', LinkyFollowers, , Twitter, Goodreads, or email.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I also chose Mrs. Weasley. She's just the best. So what is your kitty's name? Is it Mrs. Weasley or Molly or Molly Weasley?

    I have stored away a name from HP that I want to use if I ever get a Newfoundland dog. I want to name her/him Hagrid. I think that's just perfect for a Newfie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name is just Molly though I often call her Molly-wobbles (Mr. Weasley's nickname for Mrs. Weasley). Molly's sister is one-eyed and is named Mad-Eye Moody. I have pictures of them on my About Me page if you are interested. I also give HP names to the strays that always seem to find me. So far I have had a Luna Lovegood, Dobby, and Weasley. I have Hagrid saved up as a name for a big, fluffy dog someday too!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I love Violet as well, she just is awesome. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    My FF

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice! I agree with Mrs. Weasly... she's kick butt!

    Julianna Smith
    http://readingintwilight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh... the infamous Molly Weasly... how we love the... Now I have never her of the Bridgerton series I might have to check it out=)

    Bethany @ Bythebookful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool choices. I like mrs. weasley.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly is simply beyond awesome. I agree whole-heartily :D Thank you for visiting my FF. Old follower! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read either of these books, but I'm happy to see that there are more awesome moms in books! So often they are just non existent, or absent :(

    Thanks for stopping by over at (un)Conventional Bookviews this weekend while I was away. It was nice to come back to your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.