Sunday, April 7, 2013

WEEKLY RECAP: April 7, 2013

I have been on the hunt for a great way to recap my week and figured that I would try this one out.  It is partially inspired by Clock Rewinders, an awesome feature created by Amanda at On a Book Bender and Tara at 25 Hour Books.   Check out their posts every week!

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE
I read and adored Lover At Last by JR Ward.  I will admit that the multiple storylines did get overwhelming at times, but the way the Qhuinn/Blay plot was written made everything else worth it.  Full review coming this week.  I also read Tarnished Knight by Bec McMaster which is a free novella for her London Steampunk series that can be found on her website.  I thought this book was heart-wrenching and highly romantic even with the short amount of pages.  I read Katie McGarry's Crossing the Line, a novella in her Pushing the Limits trilogy, and found it sweet, but a little forgettable though I loved the hero.  I got into a m/m romance mood and finished Poacher's Fall by J.L Merrow (nice, but too short) and City Mouse by Aleksandr Voinov and Amy Lane (good sequel, but hope there will be more in the future).  A review of City Mouse will be coming to the blog soon.

I'm continuing the audiobook of The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf and finding it funny and sweet though that is to be expected with a Molly Harper paranormal.  I am also reading Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost (love Vlad!) and Covet Thy Neighbor by L.A. Witt this week.

FUN FINDS OF THE WEEK
The Science of the Glom -- Found at Dear Author
Alpha Showdown 2013 Bracket -- Found at Vampire Book Club
 
 REVIEWS TO CHECK OUT
Changeling by Philippa Gregory -- Reviewed at Books of Love
Touch & Geaux by Abigail Roux -- Reviewed at SmexyBooks
The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead -- Reviewed at Alison Can Read
This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith -- Reviewed at For Love and Books
Flat-Out Matt by Jessica Park -- Reviewed at All Books Considered

READING CHALLENGE UPDATES

Seriously Series Challenge: 
Series Starting In 2013 -- Completed of 12 series
Series Started Before 2013 -- Completed 3 of 12 series
Series Rereads -- Completed of series

Why Buy the Cow Reading Challenge:
Completed 5 of 24 free books

Debut Author Reading Challenge:
Completed of 12 YA/MG debuts

Immortals Reading Challenge:
Completed 9 of 20 books

Paranormal Reading Challenge:
Completed 6 of 12 categories

Dystopia Reading Challenge:
Completed 4 of 13 dystopian reads


COMING NEXT WEEK
REVIEW: "Lover At Last" by JR Ward
REVIEW: "City Mouse" by Amy Lane and Aleksandr Voinov
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Read Before I Was a Blogger


1 comment:

  1. I read Crossing the Line last week, too, and I agree it was a little forgettable. I'm post my review later this week. I think it could have been stronger if it was a full length novel.

    I have heard good things about Moly Harper books. I definitely need to look into them. They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.