Sunday, April 21, 2013

WEEKLY RECAP: April 21, 2013

I have been on the hunt for a great way to recap my week and figured that I would try this one out.  It is partially inspired by Clock Rewinders, an awesome feature created by Amanda at On a Book Bender and Tara at 25 Hour Books.   Check out their posts every week!

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE
I got quite a bit of reading done this past week now that my life has gotten a bit more under control.  The best thing I read was Touch & Geaux, the latest in Abigail Roux's Cut & Run series.  I absolutely adore Ty and Zane so this was great fun for me.  Full review coming this week on the blog.  I also read The Lady Most Willing which is a joint effort by three of my favorite historical writers (Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, Connie Brockway).  I liked the three love stories though I'm not really a fan of insta-love/love at first sight stories.  

I also worked on my Netgalley queue and read Covet Thy Neighbor by L.A. Witt (sweet and poignant at times) and Ten Reasons to Stay by Sabrina Jeffries (entertaining story that I wish had been given a full-length novel).  Finally, I read Wendy Higgin's YA contemporary novella, Flirting with Maybe.  I liked the concept, the writing, and the hero of this one, but the heroine annoyed me from beginning to end.  

Currently, I am reading When She Was Wicked by Anne Barton, a debut historical romance about a duke and a seamstress that I am really enjoying at the moment, and Family Man by Heidi Cullinan and Marie Sexton, a male/male romance that is the monthly pick for Smart Bitches, Trashy Books Sizzling Book Club Pick.  I am also nearly done to the hilarious audiobook, The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper.

COVER REVEALS & BOOK DISCOVERIES
The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
Next in The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten series (spin-off of the original Iron Fey books).  
Expected publication: October 22, 2013.

The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #6)
We finally get to read Daniel's story!
Expected Publication: October 1, 2013

When the Marquess Met His Match (An American Heiress in London, #1)
Feels like I've been waiting for LLG's next  books for ages...and it sounds amazing!
Expected Publication: October 29, 2013

Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
Final book in the popular Covenant series.
Expected Publication: December 10, 2013

READING CHALLENGE UPDATES

Seriously Series Challenge: 
Series Starting In 2013 -- Completed of 12 series
Series Started Before 2013 -- Completed of 12 series
Series Rereads -- Completed of series

Why Buy the Cow Reading Challenge:
Completed 5 of 24 free books

Debut Author Reading Challenge:
Completed of 12 YA/MG debuts

Immortals Reading Challenge:
Completed 10 of 20 books

Paranormal Reading Challenge:
Completed 6 of 12 categories

Dystopia Reading Challenge:
Completed 4 of 13 dystopian reads


REVIEWS COMING NEXT WEEK
"Touch & Geaux" by Abigail Roux
"The Lady Most Willing" by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, and Connie Brockway

1 comment:

  1. I should really look into the Iron Fey series. Fey books aren't my favorite, but I've heard such good things.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.