Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (55): "The Moon and More" by Sarah Dessen




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 








The Moon and More
THE MOON AND MORE
by Sarah Dessen

Expected Publication: June 4, 2013
Young Adult -- Contemporary

Luke is the perfect boyfriend: handsome, kind, fun. He and Emaline have been together all through high school in Colby, the beach town where they both grew up. But now, in the summer before college, Emaline wonders if perfect is good enough.

Enter Theo, a super-ambitious outsider, a New Yorker assisting on a documentary film about a reclusive local artist. Theo's sophisticated, exciting, and, best of all, he thinks Emaline is much too smart for Colby.

Emaline's mostly-absentee father, too, thinks Emaline should have a bigger life, and he's convinced that an Ivy League education is the only route to realizing her potential. Emaline is attracted to the bright future that Theo and her father promise. But she also clings to the deep roots of her loving mother, stepfather, and sisters. Can she ignore the pull of the happily familiar world of Colby?

Emaline wants the moon and more, but how can she balance where she comes from with where she's going?
WHY I'M WAITING: I adore Sarah Dessen's writing and have been a fan of hers since I was in high school.  She is just one of those writers that I will read regardless of the genre or the summary.  And, for this one, I"m intrigued by the description of Theo and am wondering how Dessen does with the love triangle trend.





2 comments:

  1. I am ALWAYS a sucker for hot, artistic, and technical guys. And Colby sounds just that...I was never a fan of Sara Dessen but this books sounds VERY interested and added it to my Goodreads. This just may be the book that will make me change my mind about her!

    My WoW :3
    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I actually just finished this a couple of weeks ago. Sarah Dessen's books always just scream summer.
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.