Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (52): "Sweet Peril" by Wendy Higgins




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 








Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
SWEET PERIL
(SWEET TRILOGY #2) 
by Wendy Higgins

Expected Publication: April 30, 2013
Young Adult -- Paranormal

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?


WHY I'M WAITING: I freaking loved the first book in the trilogy and its unique take on the whole angel/demon genre.  Anna is a refreshing YA heroine with being a nice combination of innocence and spunk while rarely venturing into the annoying category.  And Kai is just an amazingly written bad boy with a hidden vulnerable side.  You can find my review of book one, Sweet Evil, here.
 

8 comments:

  1. This is the 2nd time today that I've seen this book - I really need to read the first one...adding it to my GR list.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, great choice! Not too long from now! I'm sure this book is FANTASTIC :D

    Here is my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to start this series! I've heard great things about it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so many wonderful things about Sweet Evil, but I still haven't read it. It looks like a book I would like. Have you see the book trailer for Sweet Evil? I couldn't stand the accent of the girl talking, so I think that might be contributing to my hesitation to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually seen the book trailer and, based on your description, probably will avoid it. I really do recommend it...I'm not a huge fan of angel books, but this one blew me away. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. I really need to read this series. They look great, and I've heard such wonderful things about them.

    My "Waiting On" Wednesday
    LisaILJ @ "I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Sweet Evil yet, but I think I will once the series is over. :)

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Sweet Evil but it is sitting on my shelf. I can't wait to get to it! NEW FOLLOWER

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.