Tuesday, April 16, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Rewind--Books I'd Give a Theme Song To

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



REWIND--TOP TEN BOOKS I'D GIVE A THEME SONG TO


One of my favorite lists I did for the meme was the one where we came up with theme songs to go along with our favorite books.  I love music almost as much as I love reading so this was a blast for me!  So I decided to revisit the topic and find more theme songs for great books.  You can view my first theme song list here.

1. Rough Riders series by Lorelei James 
"Boots & Boys" by Kesha
All about girls and their obsession with cowboys.

I'm keeping quite the colletion
Take nothing less than perfection
Cowboy boots, cowboy boys
Mmhmm oh the joy



2. And One Last Thing by Molly Harper
"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood
An amusing song that I could hear Lacey humming while typing out her notorious newsletter.


I dug my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seat
I took a Louisville Slugger to both headlights
Slashed a hole in all four tires
And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats


3. Across the Universe series by Beth Revis
"Nemo" by Nightwish
Just a great song that depicts Elder's journey throughout the series.

This is me for forever
One of the lost ones
The one without a name
Without an honest heart as compass
This is me for forever
One without a name
These lines the last endeavor
To find the missing lifeline


4. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead 
"Breath of Life" by Florence + the Machine
Beautiful ballad that perfectly describes Dimitri's feelings about Rose especially during a pivotal time in the series.
It's a harder way and it's come to claim her
And I always say, we should be together
And I can see below, 'cause there's something in here
And if you are gone, I will not belong here 




5. Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione 
"A Demon's Fate" by Within Temptation
Describes Reseph's journey to redemption from his time as Pestilence.

From the ashes of hate
It's a cruel demon's fate
On the wings of darkness
He's returned to stay
There will be no escape
Cause he's fallen far from grace



6. Beastly by Alex Flinn 
"Save Me" by Remy Zero
What Kyle/Adrian felt during his time hiding away.

Somebody save me
Let your warm hands break right through it
Somebody save me
I don't care how you do it, just stay, stay
C'mon, I've been waiting for you



7. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
"Alejandro" by Lady Gaga
Pretty self-explanatory song that I can see Brittany singing.


Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro
I'm not your babe
I'm not your babe


8. Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster
"Monster" by Skillet
What Blade feels while trying to keep control of his vampire nature around Honoria.

The beast is ugly
I feel the rage
And I just can't hold it
It's scratching on the walls
In the closet, in the halls
It comes awake
And I can't control it


9. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
"Ordinary Day" by Vanessa Carlton
Sweet, simple song for a sweet and simple story.  Perfect theme for a summer romance.

He said take my hand,
Live while you can
Don't you see your dreams lie 
Right in the palm of your hand

10. Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward
"Far From Home" by Five Finger Death Punch
How I think the Brothers feel after years of battling lessers.

All the places I've been and things I've seen
A million stories that made up a million shattered dreams
The faces of people I'll never see again
And I can't seem to find my way home



6 comments:

  1. Great post! I love seeing book and music pairings. I've only read two or three of these books, but I definitely agree with Ordinary Day for My Life Next Door - sweet and simple. :-)

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome music picks, love Florence for VA! :D *on repeat*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love book and music pairings! great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! Especially, loved your choice for Vampire Academy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, great list. I LOVE your choices for Vampire Academy and Across the Universe.

    Emily @ Counting in Bookcases

    New Bloglovin and GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm terrible at this kind of thing, but oh my gosh, I love the songs you chose for Beastly and for My Life Next Door. They're perfect - and now I want to listen to them :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.