Tuesday, April 2, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Fictional Characters I Would Have a Crush On

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN CHARACTERS I WOULD CRUSH ON IF I WERE A FICTIONAL CHARACTER

~BOYS~
1. Bones -- Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
My number one book boyfriend from the moment I met him when reading Halfway to the Grave.  I love everything about him from his British accent to his constantly changing hair color to his protectiveness.  I really envy Cat for getting such a badass, sexy husband.  Chapter 32, anyone? 

2. Anthony Bridgerton -- The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
A viscount who understand the importance of his role in English society and still has a sense of humor.  He is extremely protective of his mother and siblings and does everything he can to make sure they are happy.  His scenes with his heroine, Kate, just make me smile and sigh with happiness every time.

3. Adrian Ivashkov -- Vampire Academy/Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
One of the best parts of the VA and Bloodlines series is the development of Adrian from the drunk party boy to the caring guy that we see in The Golden Lily and The Indigo Spell.  He puts up this facade of uncaring arrogance for a reason and I would love to be the girl that discovers the hidden side of him.

4. Valerius Magnus -- Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
A Roman Dark-Hunter who has had a difficult time both during life and afterlife.  He is the perfect example of how money and family prestige still can't buy happiness especially with a family like his.  Yet despite his horrible childhood, Valerius is still honorable and determined to help those who can't help themselves.  

5. Gabriel Nightengale -- Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper
Gabriel's stoic, quiet nature is a great contrast to Jane's manic energy and he seems to like it that way.  He may not talk a lot, but he is very intelligent and certainly knows how to say some swoonworthy quotes to his girlfriend.  I also love the fact that he is a Civil War-era vampire since I'm a history nerd.

Honorable Mentions: Roarke, Malkom Slaine, Dimitri Belikov, Captain Wentworth


~GIRLS~
1. Eve Dallas -- In Death series by JD Robb
Eve is a kick-ass homicide detective in a futuristic NYC who has the perfect balance of toughness and kindness needed for her job.  I love reading about her escapades and developed a girl crush from the very beginning.

2. Penelope Featherington -- Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
A 19th century young lady who had some definite blows to her self-esteem over the years, but doesn't let that effect her overall happiness.  Despite her quiet nature, Penelope does pay attention to what is going on around her and rarely hesitates to give her opinion to those she is comfortable with.  Plus her secret life is pretty cool!

3. Jane Jameson -- Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper
A former children's librarian turned vampire?  How could I not develop a crush on this woman?  Jane is hilarious, spunky, and just seems like she would be tons of fun to hang out with.  Life would never be boring with her around.

4. Katniss Everdeen -- Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
While Katniss did get on my nerves in Mockinjay at times, I still really admire her strength and stubborn determination to make sure her family survives.  Her survival skills are definitely crush-worthy, in my opinion.

5. Haruhi Fujioka -- Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori
Another heroine who just makes me laugh every time I read about her.  She is a scholarship student put in a strange position (masquerading as a guy and working in a host club to pay off a debt) yet she handles it with such grace and wit.  

Honorable Mentions: Cat Crawfield, Kate Sheffield, Mary Quinn, Cinder


 

10 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of most of your picks, except Vampire Academy & Hunger Games. However, I am interested in all of them now.
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Yay you added Bridgerton heroes! My favorite hero from that series was Simon Basset (HE made my list!) and heroine was Penelope (She's so sweet in her endearing love for Colin).

    And Haruhi is bomb. As is Tamaki. :)))

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost put Tamaki too, but was trying to avoid double-dipping from the same book. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you've got an exhaustive list :) . I really don't have bookish crushes but check out my take on today's TTT.

    Jorie’s Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrian! Love him. But I have the opposite of a crush on Katniss. :p
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the list! And I'm so happy you have Eve Dallas on your list. Love her. I want to be her best friend. (Mavis) ;)

    Check out my TTT

    http://www.thewindypages.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Anthony Bridgerton! I think he is my favorite male Bridgerton. I love the Pall Mall scene in that book. It's so funny!

    And totally awesome that you included girls. Love Penelope Featherington. She is probably the heroine I identified with the most in any romance novel I've ever read. I love her secret life too! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Love Anthony Bridgerton, but Colin even more. And I just chose Penelope as my favorite regency heroine!

    Here's my TTT list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, ADRIAN. I completely agree with you - his character development is probably my favorite aspect of the Bloodlines series.

    great list!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both Kate Sheffield and Anthony Bridgerton. Their book is my favorite romance novel.

    I blog at SFAS

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.