Tuesday, April 9, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Read Before Blogging

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN BOOKS I READ BEFORE I STARTED BLOGGING

1. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
Obvious answer, but so very true.  And I know I'm cheating by including the whole series, but I couldn't pick just one!

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
This is the book that got me interested in the book blogging community because of how passionate I felt about it.

3. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
One of my favorite books when I was in high school.  I could completely relate to Annabel and fell head over heels for Owen.

4. The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
A fabulously original historical romance that shows heroes and heroines do not have to be conventionally beautiful to make a successful story.

5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Probably don't have to say much about this book, but I absolutely adored it and can't wait to read Isla and the Happily Ever After.

6. The Viscount Who Loved Me/Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
While I have my favorite of these two, I couldn't make myself cut one of them from this list.  These are part of the series that really made me a fan of historical romance.

7. Lover Awakened by JR Ward
My personal favorite of one of my favorite series!  Zsadist's story broke my heart and made me a Ward fan for life.

8. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
I am a huge Kleypas fan, but this is my favorite of all of her historicals.  There is nothing better than a villain turned hero.

9. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Another favorite series that includes my all-time book boyfriend and one of my top literary heroines.

10. Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
The Dark-Hunters series is long and involved, but this is by far my favorite of them all.  There was just something heartbreaking about Valerius's journey that I have never been able to get out of my mind.

13 comments:

  1. All except the last Harry Potter book was published before I started blogging. I'd like to re-read them so that I can blog about how wonderful they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about doing that someday too. Would be so much fun! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Awww god Zsadist <3 so much love for that brother.
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna and the French Kiss <3 Étienne <3
    Bones <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both Just Listen and The Viscount Who Loved Me. I re-read both at least once a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just re-read The Viscount Who Loved Me last month and it was just as amazing as the first time I read it. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Great list!!
    My TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to hear of a single person who didn't like Anna and the French Kiss, I have to read that book!

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! So much more than I thought it would be. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I love both those Julia Quinn books, and The Devil in Winter is my favorite Wallflower romance, too! (I think the first Hathaway book beats it out, but only slightly.) And Harry Potter, of course. Truly, if I could have had 20 books in my list instead of 10, those would have made the cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time limiting this list to ten too. I just couldn't not put HP, Julia Quinn, or Lisa Kleypas because they really helped shape my reading tastes. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Whenever I check out your posts, it makes me want to pick up an historical romance. I used to read then all the time, but don't so much any more. Although I always read JQs books. And I seriously miss Kleypas's historicals. I really like the Hathaway series, especially Mine Till Midnight. I haven't read her contemporary romances. Those are my favorite Bridgerton books, too. I don't know if I could chose one.

    And heck yeah to HP!! It's been on almost everyone's TTT and that makes me sooooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I'm a little obsessed with historical romance. I read Kleypas's Travis Family trilogy and really liked them, but I'm struggling with her current series. I'm keeping my fingers crossed she goes back to historicals soon. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.