Sunday, March 31, 2013

WEEKLY RECAP: March 31, 2013

I have been on the hunt for a great way to recap my week and figured that I would try this one.  It is partially inspired by the Clock Rewinders feature created by Amanda at On a Book Bender and Tara at 25 Hour Books. Check out their posts every week!

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE
I was a bit more successful in my reading than I was last week.  I finally finished listening to Molly Harper's And One Last Thing which is a hilarious contemporary with a newly divorced woman and her hunky neighbor who resembles Hugh Jackman.  I also read Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City by Meljean Brook, a novellla that takes place after The Iron Duke and focuses on Rhys and Mina's life after their wedding.  And, finally, I got back into Celeste Bradley's historicals with When She Said I Do which is the first in her series that features a pretty large and crazy family.

I am super excited to say that I am reading Lover At Last and cannot wait to see what I think about the long awaited Qhuay story!  I am also reading Jocelynn Drake's prequel novella, The Asylum Interviews: Trixie, and listening to Molly Harper's The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf.

FUN FINDS OF THE WEEK
--Romance Writers of America announced the 2013 nominees for the RITA awards. (link)

--Continuation of the DABWAHA tournament, sponsored by Dear Author and Smart Bitches Trashy Books. (link)

--Vampire Book Club is still taking nominations for the Alpha Showdown 2013 through Monday April 1.  Make sure your favorites get nominated!  (link)

--The ladies from Book Chick City celebrated the release of Lover At Last by providing their dream cast for the BDB boys.  (link)

--Booklist Online does its 50th Hostile Questions interview with the always entertaining John Green. (link)

--Myretta Robbins at Heroes and Heartbreakers wrote a great post about the range of one of my favorite historical romance writers, Ms. Connie Brockway.  (link)

REVIEWS TO CHECK OUT
Written in Blood by Anne Bishop -- Reviewed at Smexybooks
Matilda by Roald Dahl -- Reviewed at Quinn's Book Nook
The Collector by Victoria Scott -- Reviewed at Addicted2Heroines

COVER REVEALS & BOOK DISCOVERIES

The first book in Maya Rodale's new series, The Wicked Wallflowers, has a cover!  Expected publication date is October 29th.  Learn more at the author's website here.


Vicious
Twisted-sounding YA paranormal about two former high school friends who end up caught in a world of superpowers, mistrust, and revenge.  Expected publication is September 24th.  Learn more here

READING CHALLENGE UPDATES

Seriously Series Challenge: 
Series Starting In 2013 -- Completed of 12 series
Series Started Before 2013 -- Completed of 12 series
Series Rereads -- Completed of series

Why Buy the Cow Reading Challenge:
Completed 5 of 24 free books

Debut Author Reading Challenge:
Completed of 12 YA/MG debuts

Immortals Reading Challenge:
Completed of 20 books

Paranormal Reading Challenge:
Completed 6 of 12 categories

Dystopia Reading Challenge:
Completed 4 of 13 dystopian reads

COMING NEXT WEEK
REVIEW: When She Said I Do by Celeste Bradley
REVIEW: And One Last Thing by Molly Harper
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Literary Crushes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.