Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Spring TBR List

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN BOOKS AT THE TOP OF MY SPRING TBR LIST


2013 Releases
Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)  Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove #4)  This Is What Happy Looks Like
Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run #7)  Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
1. Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood #11) by JR Ward (paranormal romance)
Only two more weeks!  I cannot wait especially because JR Ward is torturing me by posting random quotes on her Facebook page!

2. Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove #4) by Tessa Dare (historical romance)
I love romances that span class lines and the fact that Ms. Dare is doing it is just icing on the cake.

3. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (YA contemporary)
I haven't read Smith's debut, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, but I have been attracted to this book's blurb since I first saw it.  Love books about celebrities and "normal" people!

4. Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run #8) by Abigail Roux (male/male romance)
Another series that I adore!  I am eager to see how Ty and Zane react to all the revelations from the last book plus it takes place in New Orleans!

5. Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (YA paranormal)
The tortuous cliffhanger at the end of Deity made this a must-read for me.  I am trying to wait until closer to the release date to read the in-between novella so I can be ready to go!

Honorable Mentions: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins, Heart of Iron by Bec McMaster, Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost

Been On My TBR Shelf for Too Long
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)  Line of Scrimmage  Timeless (Timeless, #1)
Gabriel's Ghost (Dock Five Universe, #1)   Breathless
1. Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo (YA urban fantasy)
I have seen so many fantastic reviews for this that I must read it soon!

2. Line of Scrimmage by Marie Force (contemporary romance)
I have had this football romance on my TBR shelf for over two years and I really need to read it.

3. Timeless (Timeless #1) by Alexandra Monir (YA time travel)
I was drawn in by the beautiful cover, but haven't been able to motivate myself to open it up.  My plan is to do that in the next few months.

4. Gabriel's Ghost (Dock Five #1) by Linnea Sinclair (science fiction romance)
I fell in love with Sinclair's writing when I read Games of Command that I bought four of her other novels...and haven't read any of them.  This is the first in a series so I'm hoping it will inspire me to get going on the others.

5. Breathless by Laura Lee Guhrke (historical romance)
I love Guhrke's historicals and I was on the waiting list for Breathless for about a year before it became available on Paperback swap.  I was so excited, but then got distracted by other books so I am going to read it this year if it kills me!

Honorable MentionsImmortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, Magic Bites



12 comments:

  1. I really need to read Shadow and Bone. I love that cover and I have heard such great stuff about it! Great list, hope you get around to reading some of these books this spring :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/top-ten-12-books-on-my-spring-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Lover at Last! I really cannot wait for that book to come out :). Also really needing to read Shadow and Bone. So many people are hyped up about it!

    Here's my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big ditto on Shadow and Bone, I've had it recommended so many times, I am excited to read it. A lot of these are new to me, will be adding to the TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying for Apollyon and This is What Happy Looks Like! Oh, and Shadow and Bone is amazing!! Great list. :)

    My TTT: http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-on-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep saying I'm going to get to Shadow and Bone, but I haven't yet, and I don't know when I will. This is What Happy Looks Like made my list too.

    My Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#3)
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadow and Bone was simply amazing. I love this series. This is What Happy Looks Like is also on my list. Loved Statistical Probability. Great list!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed Deity had a awful cliffhanger, how could she do that to us? However Elixer does kind of resolve the cliffhanger in a way.
    Old folllower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that about Elixir. I'll have to read that soon. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  8. oooo Tessa Dare *need* I love her books. And I can't believe I didn't put Lover at Last on my list... I had almost forgotten that I have it on pre-order for kindle.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read This is What Happy Looks Like. It is adorable!

    I really should read something by Tessa Dare. I've heard GREAT things.

    Happy Spring Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for "Lover at Last" and "Any Duchess Will do"and I do love Laura Lee Guhrke, but I have yet to read Breathless as well, it is also on my TBR!!! Some good spring reading for sure!!! Hope you read them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is What Happy Looks Like!! It looks adorable - great list!!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.