Tuesday, March 26, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Recommend The Most

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN BOOKS I RECOMMEND THE MOST
 
***Romance***
1. Persuasion by Jane Austen
A classic that doesn't get the type of publicity that Pride and Prejudice does though I love both.  I always recommend this one because of its mature theme and beautiful writing.  Plus Captain Wentworth's letter includes some of the most romantic lines I've ever read!

2. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
One of the first historical romances I read and it is still one of the best.  I just re-read this over the weekend and it stands up even after so long.  The chemistry between the two leads (Kate and Anthony) is amazing and the comedy is well-timed and intelligent.

3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
An epic time travel saga that allows readers to fully immerse themselves in the world of 1740s Scotland.  I always recommend this one for fans of historical details, swoon-worthy romance, and plenty of drama.

4. Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
I'm not a huge contemporary romance fan, but I absolutely adore this story about a sports agent and a matchmaker.  Susan Elizabeth Phillips is a genius at writing beautiful love stories balanced with comedy and angst.  Heath and Annabelle are both amazing characters that just seem to jump out of the page and into real life.


***Young Adult***
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Probably doesn't need much of an introduction nowadays, but I still always take the time to recommend it.  I especially give it to people who try to convince me why YA fiction isn't worthy of all the hype.

6. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite authors and this is my favorite of her books.  Annabel's journey from fear to confidence is one that I really related to in high school and I think almost everyone can find something they understand from this story.

7. Angelfall by Susan Ee
The book that started my obsession with self-published authors!  I fell in love with this post-apocalyptic story's worldbuilding, well-developed characters, and dark overtones.  The author is definitely not afraid to push the envelope of YA paranormals.  My review can be found here.

***Series***
8. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
Another recommendation that is probably obvious to anyone who has read my blog.  I just couldn't not mention the series that truly turned me into an obsessive bookworm!

9. Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
My all-time favorite urban fantasy series!  These are the books that showcase why I love vampires so much especially if they are all like Bones.  Definitely recommend it for readers who like some comedy and spice with their supernatural drama.

10. Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper
Another paranormal series that I just discovered last year.  Librarian turned vampire Jane is an amazing heroine whose antics never fail to make me laugh and shake my head.  Plus it doesn't hurt that she has a drop-dead gorgeous boyfriend and plenty of hilarious friends to add to the fun.  My review of Book 1 can be found here.



13 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot about Hunger Games dang it. ;) Persuasion sounds like a good one, maybe I'll try it for my next classic. And the Jane Jameson series sounds fun! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jane Jameson books are exactly that...fun! I can't recommend them enough. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Excellent list! Obviously HP is a must and I really loved Match Me if You Can as well. And of course I thank you for talking about the Jane Jameson series so much because that's what got me to read it and it was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to know you liked the Jane books. I can never recommend them enough!

      Delete
  3. I completly forgot to put Harry Potter and the Hunger Games on my list. Great list!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter is a must, isn't it? :). This is a really great list.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great top ten lots that I wanted to include and lots that I have read - huge fan of Persuasion!

    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. I defiantly need to read Persuasion soon, I acttually need to read more Jane Austen soon. I love P&P.
    Old Follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list. Harry Potter made my TTT list, and if I'd had more room, Julia Quinn's Romancing Mr Bridgerton would have been on there, too... but I love The Viscount Who Loved Me almost as much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romancing Mr. Bridgerton is my second favorite JQ book...love me some Colin! And Penelope is my ultimate book best friend.

      Delete
  8. The Viscount Who Loved Me is one of my favorite JQ books! That one and Romancing Mr. Bridgerton and The Duke and I are my favorite Bridgerton books.

    I also love How to Marry a Marquis. Have you read that one? It's always one that I come back to. It's one of her earlier books, so the dialogue is quite as amazing as it is in the Bridgerton series, but I just love James and Elizabeth. And Lady Danbury plays a large roll too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore How to Marry a Marquis! I am starting a Bridgerton re-read and may need to expand to JQ's other books. Love Lady Danbury! Are you excited about Bridgertons: Happily Ever After like I am?

      Delete
  9. I have heard great things about Angelfall, I have it on my kindle but I haven't been able to read it yet I can't wait!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.