Tuesday, March 19, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Had To Buy That I Still Haven't Read

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN BOOKS THAT I HAD TO BUY WHICH ARE STILL UNREAD

Iced (Fever, #6; Dani O'Malley, #1)  Insurgent (Divergent, #2)  The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)  Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3)  Born of Shadows (The League, #4)

1. Iced (Fever World #1) by Karen Marie Moning
I am a huge fan of KMM's Fever series and bought this book the day that it released.  But, it is still on my TBR shelf months later. I am trying to hold on until I go on vacation this summer so that I can read in one sitting.

2. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
Another book that I bought the day it was released which is still unread.  I am waiting to read this one until closer to the release date of book #3 so that I will be ready to finish the entire trilogy.

3. The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa
I adore Kagawa's Iron Fey series, but still haven't read her vampire/dystopian series.  I am just trying to wait until I get to a weekend where I can spend the entire time reading from dawn till dusk.

4. Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3) by Simone Elkeles
I ran through the first two books in this trilogy within a week and am unwilling to let go of those delicious Fuentes brothers.  So that's why this book is still on my TBR shelf over a year later.

5. Born of Shadows (The League #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
I loved the first three League books and was excited when I learned Kenyon was continuing the series.  But, I haven't been inspired to open this book yet so it's still sitting there.

Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2)  Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)  The Seduction of Elliot McBride (Highland Pleasures, #5) Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)  Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)

6. Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor #2) by Lisa Kleypas
I worship the ground Ms. Kleypas walks on, but I've had a hard time getting into her Friday Harbor books.  I think that's why I've resisted opening this book immediately.

7. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
A debut from last year that got a ton of hype amongst bloggers.  I bought it shortly after its release date and still haven't started it yet.

8. The Seduction of Elliot McBride (Highland Pleasures #5) by Jennifer Ashley
Jennifer Ashley's MacKenzies are one of my favorite historical romance families and I need to get caught up with their adventures.

9. Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Another 2012 debut that I need to read sooner rather than later.  It is part of my Project TBR challenge so hopefully this will be remedied in the next month or so.

10. Poison Princess (Arcana Chronicles #1) by Kresley Cole
Kresley Cole is another of my favorite authors (adult paranormal romance) and I need to read her YA debut.



6 comments:

  1. I want to read Shadow and Bone so much! I read a short story by Bardugo recently and it was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh noooo, please read Throne of Glass! You will not regret it, I promise :).
    Here's my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Fuentes Fan as well :) Elkeles really knows how to write a guy's point of view.

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadow and Bone!!! That is the best book ever. You should read it right now, its so damn good!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My blog partner really loved Poison Princess even though she hasn't read Cole's adult stuff. It is apparently really good !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard so many great things about Shadow and Bone too, I have been on the fence about Poison Princess but, it is just so intriguing!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.