Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Thursday, March 28, 2013

FEATURE AND FOLLOW FRIDAY (65)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!



Q: Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book -- and how did you react?

There are so many scenes I would love to feature!  It doesn't take much for me to get emotional when reading, but I'll try to narrow it down.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling -- When *that character* died, I was a complete mess.  I had to put the book down and walk away for a good hour before I was ready to deal with it.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green -- The entire last half of the book.  It was beautifully written, but caused me to do the ugly cry.  I always warn people not to read it in public when recommending it.

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead -- The ending of this book that I won't go into detail about in order to avoid spoiling it.  I was a total wreck and had to go find the next book in the series immediately.

Strawberries for Dessert by Marie Sexton -- When Jonathon found out the truth about why Cole wanted to go NYC and what his family situation was really like.  I've re-read this book multiple times and that scene gets me every time.


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: Bloglovin', GFC, LinkyFollowers, , Twitter, Goodreads, or email.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

16 comments:

  1. Harry Potter--definitely tragic! I really need to read The Fault in Our Stars, though. :D Great picks! Old follower. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pick on Harry Potter, I haven't read the others though. Old follower through GFC.

    Renee@Addicted To Romance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that scene in Harry Potter killed me too! Still does in fact! New GFC follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. great choices! :)

    old follower.
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some sad books :( They got to me too.

    Here is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic list of books.

    Here's my Feature & Follow

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Harry Potter! I didn't mention it on my post this week because I mention it so often lol, but I totally agree! The Fault in Our Stars made my list too, that is definitely not one to read in public.. learned that rather quickly lol. And I felt the same way about Shadow Kiss! These authors just love to rip our emotions to shreds! Lol

    New follower here by the way :D

    Here's my
    Follow Friday

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah that death in The Order of the Phoenix was hard to handle. I hate that she had to kill anyone at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HP, The Fault in our stars and VA are in my answer too. =) . I shed far too many tears for the 1st two.

    Do drop by my FF. New Follower via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Fault in Our Stars killed me!!!

    My FF: http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. Yes, definitely Shadow Kiss. I was shocked.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh great picks -- totally agree about HP and Shadow Kiss! Need to read The Fault In Our Stars

    New follower via GFC

    My FF

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  13. TFioS is the only book I've read on your list. It is, indeed, emotional. :D

    New follower via GFC!
    Here's my FF.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. JK Rowling and John Green get me too. Great picks!

    New Bloglovin' follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  15. Harry Potter <3 and I can't wait to read The fault in our stars. Sounds like an intense story.

    FF-Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh em gee the first three! I agree whole-heartedly! SOB FEST!!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.