Friday, March 22, 2013

FEATURE AND FOLLOW FRIDAY (64)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
Cherie Reads
Shiloh Walker

Q: What is your guilty pleasure as far as reading?  Is it a genre or a certain type of book?

The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)  Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)  The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)  A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)  The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1)
My biggest guilty pleasure is definitely historical romance particularly books set in Medieval or Regency-era Europe.  If there are lords, ladies, manor houses, arranged marriages, knights, or duels,  I am a happy reader.  I think my adoration of this genre started because of my high school obsession with Jane Austen where I had re-read her books often enough that I wanted more books that were similar.  And I never looked back!  

Some of my favorite HR authors are Julia Quinn, Elizabeth Hoyt, Tessa Dare, Courtney Milan, Lisa Kleypas, Sarah MacLean, and Eloisa James.  Other favorites can be found on my Recommendations page here.


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

8 comments:

  1. I really have to read something by Jane Austen some day. *sigh* So much to read, so little time.

    Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seriously never read historical romance, haha.

    New follower
    thereadingkitten.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm a new follower, I love your blog! I participated in Feature and Follow Friday for the first time today. :)

    Amber
    The Mile Long Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, I've never read a historical romance before, I like more young adult historical.

    New GFC follower
    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, those are fun!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/03/follow-friday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love It!
    New GFC follower
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read historical romance before.

    New GFC follower
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good answer!!! I so love historical romance too!!! There is nothing better in my book!! Lisa Kleypas and Julia Quinn are some of my favorites. Hope you are having a great weekend so far. My FF

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.