Friday, March 8, 2013

FEATURE AND FOLLOW FRIDAY (63)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
Readiculously Peachy
Gone Bookserk 

Q: What is a book that you didn't like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn't popular?


Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks, #1)  Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)
Two books that I wasn't a huge fan of were Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally and Down to You by M. Leighton.  Both of these have decent fan reviews, but they just didn't work for me. 

Darkness Descending (Vampire Armageddon, #1)
In terms of books I love that weren't very popular, the only one I can think of right now is Darkness Descending by Devyn Quinn.  It doesn't have many good reviews on Goodreads and I know quite a few of my blogger friends didn't like it, but I actually enjoyed it and wanted more from the series.


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those yet :-)

    Old follower.- This is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I'm a huge fan of Catching Jordan, but I've noticed that several others weren't. Some liked Stealing Parker a lot better than Catching Jordan.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on reading Stealing Parker because I've heard that. I didn't hate Catching Jordan...I just didn't love it as much as alot of other readers. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of Darkness, but the cover makes it seem really good. I have not read the books you didin't like, mainly because they don't seem like my kind of books.
    Old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/friday-56-24-follow-friday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darkness Descending was one of the first books I reviewed on my blog and it was supposed to be the start of a UF series. Unfortunately, I think the author has abandoned the idea. :( Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these books, but I've been meaning to read Catching Jordan for a long time. Like you said, lots of people rave about it. But sports . . . well, I just don't care about them. So I'm not sure if I will like the book. I should still give it a try, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually a huge sports fan and I liked that element of Catching Jordan. There was just something about the characters and the whole setting that I couldn't get into. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Hi!
    I'm a new follower via GFC!
    http://bookaddictbieke.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own Catching Jordan, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm not sure how I'll like it, even though lots of people seem to love it.

    Followed by Linky!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am in the minority when it comes to Catching Jordan so I'm hoping you will enjoy it. I did like the author's style enough to try some of her other books in the future, if that helps. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Ha, I had to follow because of the blog title alone. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've thought about changing it every once in a while, but I can't get rid of it.

      Delete
  8. I've not read any of these yet :)
    I'm a new GFC follower, here's my FF at Rookie Romance

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read them! I will try to now :D
    Here is the link to my ff: http://soulfictionreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/03/my-first-feature-follow.html

    - Your newest follower

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.