Sunday, March 24, 2013

WEEKLY RECAP--March 24, 2013

I have been on the hunt for a great way to recap my week and figured that I would try this one.  It is partially inspired by the Clock Rewinders feature created by Amanda at On a Book Bender and Tara at 25 Hour Books. Check out their posts every week!

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS

I haven't been very good about keeping up with my reading this week.  My life has gotten a little hectic with work and March Madness so I haven't had as much reading time as I would like.  

But, I did finish Nalini Singh's Wild Invitation, a collection of short stories from her super popular Psy-Changeling.  I had read two of the stories previously, but enjoyed the re-read and the discovery of the new ones.  This book also put me in the mood for more PC goodness so I have been catching up on all the freebies and deleted scenes on Ms. Singh's website like Movie Night and Poker Night.  Because I was in a bit of time crunch, I decided to do a re-read of one of my favorite historical romances, The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn.  This book never fails to put me in a good mood and I am really looking forward the release of Julia Quinn's The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After now!

For this upcoming week, I am continuing to listen to Molly Harper's hilarious contemporary, And One Last Thing.  I am reading Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City by Meljean Brook (novella from her Iron Seas series) and When She Said I Do by Celeste Bradley (historical romance with a Beauty and the Beast-type storyline).  I also plan on reading Lover At Last by JR Ward which is finally being released this Tuesday!  So excited to see Blay and Qhuinn get their happily ever after!

READING CHALLENGE UPDATES

Seriously Series Challenge: 
Series Starting In 2013 -- Completed 2 of 12 series
Series Started Before 2013 -- Completed 2 of 12 series
Series Rereads -- Completed 0 of 6 series

Why Buy the Cow Reading Challenge:
Completed 5 of 24 free books

Debut Author Reading Challenge:
Completed 1 of 12 YA/MG debuts

Immortals Reading Challenge:
Completed 8 of 20 books

Paranormal Reading Challenge:
Completed 6 of 12 categories

Dystopia Reading Challenge:
Completed 4 of 13 dystopian reads


GOODREADS UPDATE

2013 Reads: 50 books read so far

To Read Shelf: 246 books
Recent Additions -- The Valentine's Arrangement by Kelsie Leverich (contemporary romance); The Problem with Seduction by Emma Locke (historical romance); Play with Me by Piper Shelly (YA)

TBR Shelf: 113 books
Recent Additions -- None

COMING NEXT WEEK

REVIEW: Wild Invitation by Nalini Singh

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Recommend The Most

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.