Tuesday, February 26, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Authors On My Auto-buy List

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN AUTHORS ON MY AUTO-BUY LIST

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3)  Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)
A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3) Just Listen Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
 The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)  Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)

1. Richelle Mead
I have read all of her YA books and am making my way through her UF series.  I love her writing style and how strong her heroines are.
Favorites:  Shadow Kiss, The Golden Lily

2. Julia Quinn
The lady who got me started on historical romance (Bridgerton series). I have read everything she's written and will continue to buy her new releases without hesitation. She is exactly what I need after a hard day with her quirky sense of humor and sweet romances.
Favorites: The Viscount Who Loved Me, Romancing Mr. Bridgerton

3. Larissa Ione
Probably my favorite paranormal writer right now. I adore her Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series and look forward to more. She is perfect for fans of great chemistry between characters and super-creative worldbuilding.
Favorites:  Passion Unleashed, Lethal Rider

4. Kresley Cole
Another fabulous paranormal author with a lengthy, but still fantastic series, Immortals After Dark.  I am always impressed with how different each of her stories is and how much I become devoted to her various characters.
Favorites:  Demon From the Dark, Lothaire

5. Tessa Dare
Absolutely amazing historical romance writer who specializes in taking old tropes and giving them new life.  Her Spindle Cove series is one of the best I've ever read!
Favorites: Goddess of the Hunt, A Lady by Midnight

6. Sarah Dessen
I have been obsessed with Sarah Dessen since I was in high school and was given Someone Like You for a birthday present.  She really knows how to get into the mind of a teenager and gives their issues so much respect.
Favorites: Just Listen, This Lullaby

7. Jeaniene Frost
How can I not mention the creator of my favorite hero, Bones?  Frost's ability to write sexual tension and sweet romance is amazing and I look forward to reading her for years to come.
Favorites: Halfway to the Grave, One Foot in the Grave

8. Molly Harper
This author is one of those that I think lives in my head part-time.  Almost everything her characters say could have come out of my mouth and has on many occasions.  There are times when I need a good laugh with a supernatural twist which is when Ms. Harper comes in.
Favorites: Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs, Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors

9. Elizabeth Hoyt
I have been a fan of Ms. Hoyt since I read her debut years ago and she has not disappointed me yet.  She is in the middle of her third series (Maiden Lane) and her writing is just getting better and better.  I definitely recommend her for fans of unique historical settings, characters that go beyond first impressions, and plenty of sensuality.
Favorites: The Raven Prince, To Beguile a Beast, Thief of Shadows

10. Sarah MacLean
She is a fairly recent obsession, but that doesn't make her any less important.  I love how unique her historical romances are and am always in awe of how detailed her character development is.  I look forward to seeing what she comes up with next.
Favorites: Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart, One Good Earl Deserves a Lover

HONORABLE MENTIONS: John Green, Julia Kagawa, JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Loretta Chase, Eloisa James, Laura Lee Guhrke, Hannah Howell, Lisa Kleypas, Marie Sexton

10 comments:

  1. Great list! I've read Jeaniene Frost and a few of Julia Quinn's earlier books but need to try out some of the others. I'm glad I found your blog today because it looks like we share some common reading tastes.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Richelle Mead and I really want to start reading Sarah Dessen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Just Listen is my favourite Sarah Dessen book so far - although there are quite a few I still need to read I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richelle Mead is my favorite author! All of the rest of your choices are on my to-read or I've read at least one book by them. Great list!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen Sarah Dessen on a lot of lists! I've never read anything by her, but I'm checking her books out!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know most of the authors on your list, but the ones I do I also really love
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-ten-tuesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Richelle Mead also marked my list. Oh, yeah!!

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia Quinn! I love her. I should have included her on my list because I pretty much read all of her books. Except the two lost duke books. I don't know why I haven't read them. I can't wait for her next book. I also LOVE The Viscount Who Love Me and who doesn't love Romancing Mr. Bridgerton? I also have a very soft spot for How to Marry a Marquis. I just love Elizabeth and James. Oh and What Happens in London, too. The only one I've read of JQ that I didn't like is The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever.

    Okay, I'm going to stop fangirling now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just started reading Kresley ! I hope I enjoy her work as much as you do !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Richelle Mead is definitely one for me too!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.