Monday, February 4, 2013

PROJECT TBR: Reading Pile #1 Recap





















The Importance of Being Wicked (The Wild Quartet, #1)1. The Importance of Being Wicked (Wild Quartet #1) by Miranda Neville [Historical Romance]
I liked this, but not as much as the others Ms. Neville has written. I loved Thomas's character and how he was so earnest about doing the right thing and making others happy. My biggest issue was the heroine, Caro, who I felt was a little immature and way too slow on the uptake with certain things. The romance was delightfully drama-free at the beginning, but then started going into over-the-top category by the end. Still Ms. Neville is a great writer and I did enjoy myself for the most part. I am intrigued by Caro's friends and am excited to read their stories in the future.  [3.5 Stars]

A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)2. A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis [YA Science Fiction/Dystopian]
A fabulous sequel!  Revis takes the world of the spaceship Godspeed and makes it even more compelling yet complex.  The dual points of view style between the hero, Elder, and the heroine, Amy, is done flawlessly and really helps move the story along.  You can view my full review here. [4.5 Stars]


Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)3. Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles #3) by Kevin Hearne [Urban Fantasy]
This series just gets better and better! The worldbuilding is creative and rooted in so many mythologies that I had a blast researching them later on. Atticus continues to be one of my favorite literary heroes and I really enjoyed seeing more of Leif and Gunnar. I did miss Oberon and Granuaile, but I'm hoping to see them again in the next book. While this one was hilarious as all of the Iron Druid books, I found it have a much more somber tone especially at the end. [4 Stars]

Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
4. Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy #4) by Jennifer Estpe [YA Urban Fantasy]
Another fabulous installment in the Mythos Academy series. I love how Jennifer Estep continues to build this fascinating world and keep us on the edge of our seats from beginning to end. Readers get to meet up with some old favorites like Gwen, Logan, Daphne, Carson, etc. while meeting some intriguing new characters such as Alexei and Agrona.  You can view my full review here[4.5 Stars]


The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1)5. The Iron Duke (Iron Seas #1) by Meljean Brook [Steampunk Romance]
It took me a bit to get into this story, but, once I hit the halfway mark, I was officially hooked.  I loved the steampunk setting though I did find myself getting confused about buggers, bounders, and all the other groups in this world.  Rhys was a great alpha hero who was not afraid to go after what he wanted while still considering his heroine's feelings.  I really enjoyed Mina as the heroine and how complex her issues were.  I definitely look forward to the next in the series especially if it focuses on Yasmeen and Fox. [4 Stars]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.