Friday, February 22, 2013

FEATURE AND FOLLOW FRIDAY (61)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
Reading Dreaming... 
Jelly's Insider
 

Q: We always talk about books WE want.  Let's turn it on its head.  What books have you given other people lately?

I love buying books for people so this is a great question for me.  My mother and I have similar tastes in books so we are always buying each other presents and/or sharing books through Amazon Kindle.  A few of the more recent ones I've bought her are: Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows, and Guilty Pleasures by Laura Lee Gurhke.

My father has really gotten into audiobooks lately and I have had a great time introducing to some of my favorites like Karen Marie Moning's Fever series, Deborah Harkness's A Discovery of Witches and Shadow of Night, JD Robb's In Death series, and Pride and Prejudice.

I was in charge of buying my cousin's Christmas presents this year which allowed me to search for quite a variety.  Some of the books I bought were: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, Something From the Nightside by Simon R. Green, The Cat Ate My Gymsuit by Paula Danziger, The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, and multiple Mike Lupica books.



*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE The Guersney Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society! Oooh and yay for spreading P&P love around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Guernsey would be a great book to giveaway - it took me twice to get into it, but when I did, I loved it! :)

    What book have you given away @ The Brunette Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great titles. Thanks for stopping by earlier, I return the follow via GFC. Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Guernsey! I hope your mom loves it. It's so cool that you can share books with them. I just gave my mom a copy of The Hound of the Baskervilles, and I'm hoping she enjoys it as much as I did.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend!

    New Follower

    Ems

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.