Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (43): "This is What Happy Looks Like" by Jennifer E. Smith




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 









This Is What Happy Looks Like 

THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE
by Jennifer E. Smith

Expected Publication: April 2, 2013
Young Adult Contemporary -- Poppy Publishing

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the concept for this book! Though, admittedly, I'm a little hesitant about the movie star aspect, but still! Novels with strong epistolary backgrounds are my kryptonite. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this one. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW @ Nerdy Reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually into movie star characters either, but it just sounds so cute! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to read this book as well, looks like a fun read.

    Hope you get it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so cute! I also thought the title font looked familiar, and it makes sense now that I see the author wrote The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight!

    Here's mine: My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this on either! It sounds so amazing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, this book looks so darn adorable. I can't wait to read it. And that covr is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pick! I am definitely excited for this one as well! It sounds so good!

    My WoW

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this sounds SO romantic...I want this book!!!! Some people might think it's probably a little cheesy, but not me. I'm a hopeless romantic....so I want to know how this teen movie star and this 'ordinary girl' get to their 'happily ever after'!! On to my TBR pile!!!! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on the cheesy romance...nothing better than that in books. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  8. I am SOOOO stinking excited for this one. Have you read The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by her? SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually read Statistical Probability yet...I've been on the waiting list at the library for ages. I'll probably end up giving in and purchasing it, but I'm trying to be good about that now. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.