Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (40): "One Good Earl Deserves a Lover" by Sarah MacLean




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 













One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)

ONE GOOD EARL DESERVES A LOVER
(RULES OF SCOUNDRELS #2)
by Sarah MacLean

Avon -- Historical Romance
Expected Publication: January 29, 2013

Lady Philippa Marbury is odd. The bespectacled, brilliant fourth daughter of the Marquess of Needham and Dolby cares more for books than balls, flora than fashion and science than the season. Nearly engaged to Lord Castleton, Pippa wants to explore the scandalous parts of London she's never seen before marriage. And she knows just who to ask: the tall, charming, quick-witted bookkeeper of The Fallen Angel, London's most notorious and coveted gaming hell, known only as Cross.

Like any good scientist, Pippa's done her research and Cross's reputation makes him perfect for her scheme. She wants science without emotion—the experience of ruination without the repercussions of ruination. And who better to provide her with the experience than this legendary man? But when this odd, unexpected female propositions Cross, it's more than tempting . . . and it will take everything he has to resist following his instincts—and giving the lady precisely what she wants.
WHY I'M INTERESTED: I adore Ms. MacLean's writing and this premise sounds fascinating!  Plus I've read some great early reviews that are just getting me more excited.  Some examples can be found at:  Romantic Book Affairs and The Book Queen.

9 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around, I'll have to check it out.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read some Sarah MacLean. Everyone loves her, and I love a good historical romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is sooo good, Quinn! My personal favorite of hers is Eleven Scandals to Start a Duke's Heart (which I reviewed here!). It is the last of a trilogy, but I think it can be read as a stand-alone.

      Delete

  3. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, there! Thank you so much for dropping by and commenting on my WOW! And I LOVE yours!! It sure sounds like a truly delightful read. It's going straight onto my TBR shelf on Goodreads!! I appreciate your featuring this book, too, because I've never heard of this writer before. It's always great to be introduced to wonderful writers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! This book was GLORIOUS. I am so excited for you to read it because I just loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous you got to read it already! I have it preordered and plan on reading it as soon as it comes in.

      Delete
  6. This book sounds interesting! I haven't heard of it but I will be sure to check it out :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.