Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Most Wanted Settings





Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN SETTINGS I WANT TO SEE MORE OF IN BOOKS


Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3)1. Medieval Europe
Examples: Enchanted by Elizabeth Lowell; Born in Sin by Kinley MacGregor; Murray Family series by Hannah Howell.

2. Futuristic America (non-dystopian)
Examples: In Death series by JD Robb;  The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson;

3. Napoleonic France
Examples: Slightly Tempted by Mary Balogh; Ruthless by Anne Stuart; The Spymaster's Lady by Joanna Bourne;

4. Westerns
His at NightExamples: Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath; The Wives of Bowie Stone by Maggie Osborne

5. Late-Victorian/Edwardian England
Examples: Girl Bachelors series by Laura Lee Guhrke; Beast by Judith Ivory; His At Night by Sherry Thomas

6. On the Sea/Ocean
Examples: The Pirate Lord by Sabrina Jeffries; Trouble at the Wedding by Laura Lee Guhrke; His Wicked Kiss by Gaelen Foley; Surrender to a Siren by Tessa Dare

7. Regency/Victorian-era British Colonies (Egypt, India, China, etc.)
Examples: As You Desire by Connie Brockway; The Other Guy's Bride by Connie Brockway; Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase; Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas; Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin

The Bronze Horseman8. Russia
Examples: Midnight Angel by Lisa Kleypas; The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges; The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

9. Fictional Nations 
Examples: Ascension trilogy by Gaelen Foley

10. Historical Settings Other Than Great Britain/United Kingdom
Examples: The Shadow and the Star by Laura Kinsale; Don't Tempt Me by Loretta Chase; Broken Wing by Judith James



9 comments:

  1. Great list! I especially like non-dystopian future. I like futuristic books, but I'd be nice to get some that aren't so sad and depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading victorian England books! I haven't read any westerns, but that would definitely be fun! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the In Death series, and it was the basis of one of my locations, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, especially number 10! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of reading a non-dystopian future set book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you read any of Julie Garwood's historical romances? Some of her books are set during medieval times, and I really enjoy them. Particularly The Secret, Honor's Splendor, Saving Grace, The Bride. Well, honestly, I like nearly all her historicals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly making my way through Garwood's backlist. I really enjoyed The Secret and The Bride, but had to DNF Honor's Splendor for some reason. I'll check out Saving Grace next! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  7. OOooh I'd love to read some books set in Russia or on the sea! Ahhh actually I just love all of your choices! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.