Tuesday, January 29, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Frustrating Characters

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN MOST FRUSTRATING CHARACTERS EVER

~Frustrating because they act in ways that I dislike, but I do still like them as characters...
   
 1. Xhex -- Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward
  • Stop being so whiny and accept the fact that John Matthew loves you despite the whole Sympath thing!
2. Elizabeth Bennet -- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  •  Stop taking everything that Mr. Wickham says as the whole truth and give your sisters a break every once and awhile.
3. Colin Bridgerton -- Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
  • Stop being oblivious to Penelope's love for you and stop sitting around whining about not having anything productive to do.
4. MacKayla Lane -- Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
  •  Stop running off and getting yourself into unnecessary danger. 
5. Lachlain MacRieve -- A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
  • Stop acting like such an non-trusting jerk and blaming Emmaline for something she had nothing to do with.
~Frustrating enough to make me dislike them...

6. Cho Chang -- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
  • Stop being such a crybaby and learn how to save yourself for once.
7. Bella Swan -- Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
  • Learn how to live life without a man, no matter how pretty he is.
8. Daisy Buchanan -- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Get over yourself and stop being such a spoiled brat.
9. Abigail Yager -- Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  • Stop being so wishy-washy about whether you trust Sundown or not.
~And finally...

10. All the too stupid to live (TSTL) characters in romance novels.
  • Just stop...I can't say anything more.

8 comments:

  1. Argh Daisy Buchanan! I'd forgotten all about her, but I remember finding her so irritating when I read TGG. And yeah, it does annoy me in P&P when Elizabeth just assumes everything Wickham says is right, even though she barely knows him. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost put Mac on my list, especially for the ending of Faefever!, but found other characters I found even more frustrating.

    Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Cho Chang! She was pretty frustrating and whiny. Especially in the movies. And of course Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find Daisy and Tom Buchanan to be equally irritating... on so many levels!!

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of Daisy or Cho like that, but you are definitely right. Wonderful books, annoying characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW DID I NOT INCLUDE BELLA? I fail at life. She's the worst.
    Cho as well, what a twat.

    Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *snort* Cho Chang! Yes, very annoying! And there is almost universal frustration with Bella :-)

    Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cho Chang! How could I forget! Good call with that one! =)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.