Tuesday, January 1, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Resolve to Read in 2013

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN BOOKS I RESOLVE TO READ IN 2013

1. Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton
I have been meaning to start the Anita Blake series for ages and I am determined to begin this year.

2. Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul #1) by C.L. Wilson
A fantasy romance that I have had on my TBR pile for almost two years.  I am fascinated by the premise and many of my blogger friends love it so I will open it in 2013.

3. The Iron Duke (Iron Seas #1) by Meljean Brook
I've really been getting into steampunk lately so I think this is the right time to get going on Ms. Brook's popular Iron Seas series.

4. The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner
A YA dystopian that I have been meaning to read ever since I finished the Hunger Games trilogy.  A friend lent it to me almost a year ago and I need to get it back to her.

5. Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3) by Simone Elkeles
I have been putting off finishing Elkeles's awesome Perfect Chemistry series because I don't want it to end.  But, I think I have to bite the bullet this year and finish it.

6. The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next #1) by Jasper Fforde
A book that always grabs my attention when I'm rifling through my TBR pile, but always gets overlooked.  I know it would be perfect for me if I just gave it a chance.

7. The Thief (The Queen's Thief #1) by Megan Whalen Turner
I have heard so many awesome things about this fantasy series and I've had the e-version of the first book for ages.

8. Angel's Blood (Guild Hunter #1) by Nalini Singh
I adore Ms. Singh's Psy-Changeling series, but have had a hard time getting inspired to read her other popular series.

9. Infinity (Chronicles of Nick #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
SK is another of my favorite authors who has a series I have been dragging my feet about reading.  I love Nick's character in the Dark Hunters books and I need to see what happens to him.

10. Storm Front (Dresden Files #1) by Jim Butcher
I have had this audiobook for over a year and I need to get started on it or else I'll never catch up!

5 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I haven't read any of these books in your list? My husband's read The Dresden series and liked it. I want to read The Maze Runner; I gave it to my sister for Christmas. I hope you get the chance to read these books this year (and let me know if any of them are must-read-now books).

    Thanks for visiting my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maze Runner and Infinity are on my list as well. Great picks. :)

    Thanks for stopping by ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Eyre Affair is really, really good! I can only recommend it!
    And I just won The Maze Runner. :) So I'm going to read it soon. Yay!

    OMG, you haven't read the Anita Blake books??? OMG!!! You have to!!! The first books of the series are amazing. Then...sex fest...,but the first 10 or so books!! Kickass. Read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that about the later Anita Blake's. I think that's why I've been hesitating to read the first because I would hate to be disappointed later on. But, I will read it this year, I promise!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.