|Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.|
1. Get a job as a librarian!I recently graduated with my Masters in Library of Science and I am currently job hunting. So my number one goal (and it is associated with books) is to get a librarian job.
2. Read 250 books or more.I read 226 books in 2012 and I hope to increase that number especially now that I am all done with school.
3. Decrease the size of my TBR shelf.This goal is primarily for paper books since my shelf is beginning to overflow. In order to achieve this goal, I have created a personal challenge called Project TBR. Information about it can be found here.
4. Be more selective with the books that I accept for review.I have such a hard time saying no to authors or publishers who want me to read their books. Unfortunately, that lead me to having too many to get through which isn't fair to anybody. So I am going to try to be much more selective about the books I request.
5. Write more reviews.I have been getting better at writing reviews over the past year and a half so I want to continue that trend. I know I won't be able to write reviews for all the books I read, but I want to make an effort to do at least two or three a week.
6. Go beyond my comfort zone in terms of reading material.I feel like I have varied reading tastes, but I would like to expand them even more. I do sometimes get in a reading rut and adding unique materials may help me avoid them.
7. Catch up on all the series that I've started over the years.I have been very bad about starting series (and enjoying them), but avoiding finishing them or catching up with them for one reason or another. To help me obtain this goal, I have joined the Seriously Series Reading Challenge which can be found here.
8. Successfully complete all the reading challenges I've joined this year.I did pretty well with the reading challenges I joined for 2012 besides one. So far, I have joined six challenges and my goal is to be successful at all of them. A list of my 2013 challenges can be found here.
9. Attend an author signing/event.I have never attended a bookish event such as an author signing and I've always wanted to. So I am going to try to make an effort to find one near my hometown. I live in Kentucky if anybody knows of some good ones I can try.
10. Continue blogging and making new blogger friends. Book blogging has been a great adventure for me during the last year and a half and I just hope to keep going with it. I have met many bookish friends and I hope to keep these going while finding new ones.