Tuesday, January 15, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 2013 Debuts

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN DEBUTS I'M EXCITED FOR IN 2013

~YOUNG ADULT~

The Cadet of Tildor The Nightmare Affair  The Flame In The Mist
 The Beautiful and the Cursed  Arclight

1. The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell (Fantasy) [January 10]
I love YA fantasy plus one of my favorite authors, Sarah Dessen, highly recommends this book which involves a warrior heroine and plenty of political drama.

2. The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett (Paranormal) [March 5]
The heroine of this novel, Dusty, is a Nightmare who invades human's dreams.  I think this is an intriguing and original idea.  Plus there's a murder mystery involved!

3. The Flame in the Mist by Kit Grindstaff (Fantasy) [April 9]
Another YA fantasy with a strong heroine.  This one is held captive and must solve the mystery surrounding her capture.

4. The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan (Paranormal) [May 14]
I love when authors focus on a lesser-known supernatural being so I am pumped to see what Ms. Morgan does with gargoyles.

5. Arclight by Josin L. McQuein (Science Fiction) [April 23]
A fascinating-sounding thriller that involves a girl who survives something she shouldn't and begins a series of events that will change her world forever.

~ADULT~

When She Was Wicked (Honeycote, #1)  The Dark Lady (Mad Passions, #1)  Between (The Between, #1)
 Bite Me, Your Grace  What Happens in Scotland

6. When She Was Wicked by Anne Barton (Historical Romance) [January 29]
I love romances that cross society borders and this sounds perfect since it focuses on a London dressmaker and a handsome duke.  First in the Honeycote series.

7. The Dark Lady by Maire Claremont (Historical Romance) [February 5]
Dark, gothic romances are  definite guilty pleasure for me.  So I am intrigued by this Victorian-era romance that involves a woman locked in an asylum and her childhood love recently returned from India.  First in the Mad Passions series.

8. Between by Kerry Schafer (Paranormal Romance) [January 29]
I love discovering new paranormals and this one focuses on a woman who realizes that there is a magical world between dreaming and waking.  Plus it involves dragons!  First in The Between series.

9. Bite Me Your Grace by Brooklyn Ann (Historical/Paranormal Romance) [April 2]
I always think it is interesting to see authors mix genres so I can't wait to read this mix of historical and paranormal with a writer heroine and a vampire hero.  First in a series.

10. What Happens in Scotland by Jennifer McQuiston (Historical Romance)  [February 26]
Scottish-set romances are another favorite.  Therefore, I am eagerly anticipating this romance that features a wedding that neither the bride or groom can remember.

7 comments:

  1. I've been hearing really good things about the Cadet of Tildor. I'm not normally drawn to higher fantasy, but I might have to check that one out. So excited about all the good debuts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for The Nightmare Affair. I hadn't seen it till now but I'll be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nightmare Affair sounds great - and I can't wait for it! (:

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not heard of The Beautiful and the Cursed, so thanks for putting it on my radar! You had me at the word "gargoyles" because that really is super rare, so I'm definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had my sights on The Nightmare Affair for a while now- really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second time I have see The Flame In The Mist. Both times it has caught my attention. I guess I need to head over to GR to add it. lol You have some great Adult books as well. I love a good romance. ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my page. I hope you had a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Nightmare Affair is on my list, too, and I just got it from Netgalley and ah, so excited!!! :)
    Arclight also sounds super interesting.
    And I love the Eiffel Tower on the cover of The Beautiful and the Cursed.
    OMG dragons!!! I might have to check out Between as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.