Thursday, January 3, 2013

PROJECT TBR: Reading Pile #1


One of my New Year's Resolutions is to get through the majority of my TBR shelf by the end of 2013.  I have created a pretty large pile (for me) which is approaching the 90 book mark and I am getting pretty scared that I will never get through them all.  My entire TBR pile (excluding ebooks and audiobooks) can be found here.

That is why I have created a personal reading challenge that I am referring to as Project TBR.  In order to make this resolution possible, I have decided to take inspiration from Sabrina at About Happy Books.  I am going to try to create a pile of books that I will try to get through in a reasonable amount of time.  I will attempt to do a mixture of genres and age groups in order to keep myself interested.  At the beginning of each pile, I will do a post where I provide a list of the books and then, when I finish the pile, I will do a recap post providing mini reviews of all the books.  So, without further ado:

READING PILE #1
The Importance of Being Wicked (The Wild Quartet, #1)    Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)  Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
 A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)    The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1)   

The Importance of Being Wicked (Wild Quartet #1) by Miranda Neville (historical romance)
Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy #4) by Jennifer Estep (YA urban fantasy)
Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles #3) by Kevin Hearne (urban fantasy)
A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis (YA science fiction/dystopian)
The Iron Duke (Iron Seas #1) by Meljean Brook (steampunk romance)

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I'm starting my own TBR feature tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these books, but good luck with you challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I like that you're breaking it down into smaller groups of books. It seems less overwhelming that way.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea! I may have to borrow this one eventually! Definitely makes the book pile look much more controllable lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to borrow it! I'm just hoping I can stick with it for the rest of year...we'll see!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.