Friday, January 18, 2013

FEATURE AND FOLLOW FRIDAY (57): Favorite Villains

Gain New Blog Followers

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!



Q: Who is your favorite villain from a book?


Like with most FF questions, I can't choose just one so here we go:

The first, for me, is VOLDEMORT from the Harry Potter series.  He is the epitome of evil and readers are given so much insight into his upbringing and his rise to power that we can truly understand how irredeemable he is.  Next, I would choose PRESIDENT SNOW from the Hunger Games trilogy.  This man scared the living daylights out of me while I was reading the books (Smells like roses and blood?  Eeek!) and Donald Sutherland's portrayal in the first movie just escalated my love, and hate, for this character.


PESTILENCE from Larissa Ione's Lord of Deliverance series is pure, demonic evil.  He is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, but what is so interesting about him is the fact that the Four Horsemen (actually three men and one woman) are four demon/angel hybrids.  They are all destined to become agents for one of the two sides in the war, good or evil, depending on how events play out.  When fun-loving, party boy Reseph's seal is broken, he is unwillingly transformed into his evil counterpart.  And what Pestilence does is no joke: pillaging, raping, murder, torture, etc.  Since he was a decent guy at first, it makes his actions even more deplorable when you read about them throughout the series.  And, of course, things get really complicated when Ione gives him his own story, Rogue Rider...



*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

9 comments:

  1. Both President Snow & Voldemort have been really popular today. Great picks!

    Here's my FF: www.best-of-ya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voldemort is a great choice, of course, but I didn't even consider President Snow! He is a great villain, too.
    Thanks for stopping by my FF!
    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Presiden Snow is a good answer! I hope you have a great Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it that I didn't even think of President Snow. lol. Everyone else is crazy about Warner and Voldemort, but I think they need a bit of a break. President Snow will do that job quite well. lol.

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Feature & Follow Friday!!!
    H A P P Y R E A D I N G ! ! !
    susanhaugland@att.net | @endsxtonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! I didn't even think of President Snow :D New Follower. Here is my Feature Follow .

    ReplyDelete
  6. President Snow is an excellent choice! Voldemort, of course. :-)

    New follower! My FF post is here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! President Snow! This the first I've seen of him on this question, and he's a brilliant choice.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog this week! Old follower via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for checking out my blog and following, I am already following you : )

    Kate @ Reading Under the Willow Tree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent choices, President Snow is a mean one! Thanks for stopping by my blog this week, old follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.