Tuesday, December 4, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN BOOKS I WOULDN'T MIND SANTA BRINGING ME



1. The Midwife: A Memoir of Birth, Joy, and Hard Times by Jennifer Worth
I have recently become obsessed with the BBC series, Call the Midwife, so I am really hoping to read the memoirs that the show is based on.  For fans of Downton Abbey, this series is a must-see!!

2. Angel's Ink by Jocelynn Drake
The start of a new urban fantasy series that involves magic tattoos and plenty of supernatural creatures.  I've read the prequel novellas and loved them so I'm hoping to read the first full-length novel soon.

3. Eon by Alison Goodman
A YA fantasy that I have been coveting for over a year.  I love the whole idea of the book with the heroine in disguise and dragons.

4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Another YA that I have been meaning to check out soon.  The waiting list at my library is extremely long and I just can't make myself pay the money for my own copy.

5. Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs
A new YA fantasy release that has been getting alot of publicity.  The book summary really intrigues me and sounds like it would be a great holiday break read.

6. Crimson Moon by J.A. Saare
I have heard great things about this UF series and I love the idea of mixing vampire and werewolf lore.


7. The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton 
Sexy contemporary romance set in the world of sports?  I am sold!  Plus that cover is to die for!

8. Ender's Game by Orson Scott CardI always mean to buy and try this classic science fiction book, but I always find a reason not to bite the bullet.  But, if Santa brought it to me, I would definitely make time to read it.
9. Venom by Fiona Paul 
I love historical fiction and this Venetian-set novel sounds right up my alley.  Plus I want to have a copy just to put that cover on my bookshelf!

10. The Windflower by Laura LondonA pirate romance that I have been trying to find for ages!  The only copies that I have found have been super expensive and I'm just not sure I want to fork over the money for a book I'm not a hundred percent I'll enjoy. 



3 comments:

  1. Ooh, pirate romance! And the cover for Venom is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check out the BBC Series that you referred to. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was a favorite of mine and I have book two on my list. May Santa be good to you this year.
    My TTT...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved Venom and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (and The Evolution of Mara Dyer). I hope you are able to get them!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.