Tuesday, December 25, 2012

TOP 10 OF 2012: Day 2-Best Book Covers of 2012




A fun event sponsored by the bloggers at FiktshunA Life Bound by BooksConfessions of a BookaholicTwo Chicks on a Book, and Magical Urban Fantasy Books.  Check out the introductory post here.


For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)
1. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund 
Love the science fiction/fantasy feel.


How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight #1)
2. How Beauty Met the Beast by Jax Garren
Steampunk covers are such an interesting combination of classic and fantasy.  Plus I love the appearance of Hauk in the background.


Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)
3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
When it comes to Cinderella, it is all about the shoe!  And I love the cyborg elements that make you think twice about this retold fairy tale.


Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)
4. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Pretty dress cover that shows the contrast between Kaidan and Anna in their appearances and in their outlooks on life.


My Life Next Door
5. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
This is a great summer romance and the cover really showcases that.  Plus I like that the gate is featured as well.


The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #2)
6. The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper
I know some people were a little skeeved out by the blood on this cover, but I thought it was awesome and ironic.



Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #1)
7. Venom by Fiona Paul
I love masks on covers so I had to pick one.  And purple and gold is one of my favorite combinations!


The Selection (The Selection, #1)
8. The Selection by Kiera Cass
Another pretty dress cover that I just loved!


Luminosity (The Raven Chronicles, #1)
9. Luminosity by Stephanie Thomas
I love the make-up on the cover model and the ominous background got me intrigued.


Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)
10. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
I love fantasy novel covers and this one is appropriately beautiful, creepy, and mysterious.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool picks! I haven't yet read Cinder (I know, I know!), but the cover is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for Cinder. I am reading the book (via audiobook) right now, and the cover is just perfect. It's eye catching, but not flashy. And it give you an idea about what the book is about.

    I haven't read The Selection, but I love the cover. So pretty. Make me want a dress like that :)

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous covers! I think Venom is my favorite, though I really love The Selection too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all! Venom and For Darkness Shows the Stars almost made my list. I didn't like The Selection but it is one of the best covers!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.