Friday, December 14, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (52)

Gain New Blog Followers

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!



Q: What was the last book that made you cry?

So many books make me cry...that's why I have to be really careful which books I read in public.  Here are some of my more recent tearjerker reads:


Easy by Tammara Webber
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.



Dead to You by Lisa McMann
Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family.  It's a miracle... at first.

Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together.  But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked.  Something unspeakable.


Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione (my review)
Jillian Cardiff came to this remote mountain town to forget the demon attack that almost killed her. Instead, she rescues-and falls for-a gorgeous stranger who has no memory of anything other than his name. Handsome, charming, and protective, Reseph seems like the kind of man whom Jillian can trust. But with hints of a troubling history of his own, he's also the kind of man who can be very dangerous . . .

Reseph may not know why he mysteriously appeared in Jillian's life, but he knows he wants to stay. Yet when Jillian's neighbors are killed, and demon hunters arrive on the scene, Reseph fears that he's putting Jillian in danger. And once it's revealed that Reseph is also Pestilence, the Horseman responsible for ravaging the world, he and Jillian must face the greatest challenge of all: Can they forget the horrors of a chilling past to save the future they both desire?


Admit One by Jenna Hilary Sinclair (my review)
When high school teacher Tom Smith meets Kevin Bannerman at a gay club, he violates his own rule: one-night stands only. But when the weekend is over, he walks away, reminding himself that he lives a deeply closeted life for painful, compelling reasons. He keeps his secrets, his heart, and the cause of his crippled arm to himself, but almost immediately he bitterly regrets leaving Kevin. 

Months later, while Tom serves as reluctant assistant director for his school's production of Rent, he fears that the show's same-sex love angle will somehow out him. Protests against the play begin, one of the student actors is harassed, and during a parents' meeting, Tom encounters Kevin again. This time Tom can't fight the attraction between them, and he and Kevin begin a tentative relationship. Within Rent's message of acceptance and support, and as local churches oppose the play, Tom struggles to find the strength to admit one man into his heart.

*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

8 comments:

  1. I would have to say... Message In A Bottle made me cry, such a good and moving story...

    New follower , just click below to follow me back.. ((((hugs))))

    http://bookshelvesofdreams.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can get really emotional in books, so am often really hesitant to read anything that might make me sad.

    I haven't read any of these, but do plan to read Easy sometime soon (hopefully!). I best plan on having some tissues nearby.

    New Follower (through RSS feed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Easy and Dead to You yet,but they're on my to-read for a long time.Too many books!:)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi new follower hopping by. I have Easy on my TBR list but haven't made it there yet. Here's my Link PageGirlsPageofBookReviews Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I've heard such great things about Easy! And isn't that the guy that played Oliver in Hannah Montana? Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy has been in my TBR list for months, and I just added Dead to You! <3

    Thanks for following! Old follower :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had a chance to read Rogue Rider yet

    New Follower
    Super New Blogger
    http://myurbanfantasies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.