Saturday, December 1, 2012

2013 PARANORMAL READING CHALLENGE: Sign-up Post



I love reading paranormal books, but I do find that I don't always seek out a lot of variety in the type of creatures/species that I read about.  So I was pumped to find this reading challenge hosted by the wonderful Megan from Megan Likes Books and Jenni at Auntie Spinelli Reads.  The introductory post to this challenge can be found here.

The goal of this challenge is to read at least one book that features each of creatures listed below:

  • Vampires
  • Werewolves/Shifters
  • Fey
  • Angels/Nephilim
  • Mermaids
  • Dragons
  • Zombies
  • Demons
  • Witches/Wizards
  • Ghosts
  • Aliens
  • Other (Sirens, Unicorns, Centaurs, etc.)

In preparation for the challenge, I have created a preliminary list of at least five possible books for each creature:

Vampires
Deeper Than Midnight by Lara Adrian
Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost
The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Lover at Last by JR Ward
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Werewolves/Shifters
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Hunger Untamed by Pamela Palmer
The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
MacRieve by Kresley Cole
Wild Cat by Jennifer Ashley

Fey
Iced by Karen Marie Moning
Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson
Wings by Aprilynne Pike
The Traitor Son by Julie Kagawa
Dead on the Delta by Stacey Jay

Angels/Nephilim
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
Beauty Awakened by Gena Showalter
Hallowed by Cecilia Grant
Ascension by Caris Roane

Mermaids
Madly by M. Leighton
Everblue by Brenda Pandos
Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Banks

Dragons
About a Dragon by G.A. Aiken
Dark Craving by Donna Grant
Eon by Alison Goodman
Firelight by Sophie Jordan
Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Zombies
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Revelation by Erica Hayes
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Married with Zombies by Jesse Peterson
Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Demons
The Darkest Craving by Gena Showalter
The Demon in Me by Michelle Rowen
Wasteland by Lynn Rush
Untitled (Reaver's books) by Larissa Ione
Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

Witches/Wizards
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison 
Hammered by Kevin Hearne
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Angel's Ink by Jocelynn Drake
Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep

Ghosts
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane
Velveteen by Daniel Marks

Aliens
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter
Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher
Gravity by Melissa West

Other (Sirens, Unicorns, Centaurs, etc.)
Stolen Fury by Elisabeth Naughton [furies]
Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young [genies]
Changeless by Gail Carriger [pretenaturals]
Succubus on Top by Richelle Mead [succubi]
Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson [valkyrie]




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating! Love your list, it's fabulous :)

    <3 Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're really organized. I'm just playing it by ear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one with a list. I have one written down, I made a Goodreads shelf and an extra short one in my blog post, haha. It's going to be fun - The immortal rules is a phenomenal book by the way, I really recommend that you read that one for your vampire category :) And I can't wait to read Alice in Zombieland & Anna dressed in blood! I like your list and I will keep an eye on your progress. Good luck :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.