Thursday, December 20, 2012
2013 IMMORTALS READING CHALLENGE: Sign-Up Post
Hosted by the ladies at Under the Covers.
I did the 2012 Immortals Reading Challenge and loved figuring out which "immortals" I focused on in my reading. So I decided to do it again! For those who are interested, the introductory/sign-up post can be found here.
Here’s the rundown:
1. The Immortals Reading Challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. You can join at anytime from now and throughout the year. This is a 2013 challenge, so books read before January 1 will not count to your progress.
2. You pick your goal! Read as many books as you’d like for each species. This means that you can do just one category or all five or a combination of. The choice depends on you and your reading pace.
*We have chosen to have a three book per species standard. However, if this is a breeze for you, then feel free to tackle on the additional bonus entries of two more books of the same level.
3. Re-reads are acceptable.
4. Books chosen can be of any genre.
5. To participate, copy and paste this post on your blog along with the challenge button. We ask that you provide a link back to the sign-up page in case others wish to participate.
6. Readers without blogs can still participate! Keep track of your progress with Goodreads, Shelfari or LibraryThing.
Personal Goals: I am going to try to read at least 5 books for each category. I also am going to strive to make all my books for this challenge adult rather than a mix of YA and adult.
Below is a list of books I am hoping to read for each category:
Category 1: Vampires (MY GOAL: 5+ BOOKS)
Deeper Than Midnight by Lara Adrian
Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill
Lover at Last by JR Ward
Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost
Category 2: Angels and Demons (MY GOAL: 5+ BOOKS)
The Burning Bush by Kenya Wright
Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh
Succubus on Top by Richelle Mead
Beauty Awakened by Gena Showalter
How to Lose a Demon in 10 Days by Saranna DeWylde
Category 3: Fae and Magic (MY GOAL: 5+ BOOKS)
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
Hammered by Kevin Hearne
Shadow Touch by Marjorie M. Liu
Storm Born by Richelle Mead
Iced by Karen Marie Moning
Category 4: Shifters/Werewolves (MY GOAL: 5+ BOOKS)
About a Dragon by G.A. Aiken
Magic Bites by Kate Daniels
Wild Cat by Jennifer Ashley
Hunger Untamed by Pamela Palmer
The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper