Friday, December 14, 2012

2012 READING CHALLENGE UPDATES

In preparation for the many 2013 reading challenges I've joined already, I figured I should do an update post on the challenges I worked on this year (2012).  I did really well (for my first time) and completed three of the four challenges I signed up for. 

Hosted by Under the Covers

My goals for this reading challenge were to read FIVE (5) book in each of the four superantural categories: Vampires, Angels/Demons, Fae, and Shifters/Werewolves.  I will admit that I started the year by trying to read only adult books, but quickly had to change my goals to include YA books especially for the Fae category.  I did accomplish my goal and have listed the books I read along with links to my reviews. 

Category 1: Vampires (MY GOAL: FIVE BOOKS)
1. Lothaire by Kresley Cole
2. Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
3. Lover Reborn by JR Ward
4. Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill
5. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

Category 2: Angels and Demons (MY GOAL: FIVE BOOKS)
1. Angelfall by Susan Ee
2. The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter
3. Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright
4. Sins of the Heart by Eve Silver
5. Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione

Category 3: Fae (MY GOAL: FIVE BOOKS)
1. Hexed by Kevin Hearne
2. Fairy Metal Thunder by J.L. Bryan
3. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
4. Iron's Prophecy by Julie Kagawa
5. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

Category 4: Shifters/Werewolves (MY GOAL: FIVE BOOKS)
1. Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu
2. Soulless by Gail Carriger
3. Rapture Untamed by Pamela Palmer
4. Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken
5. How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper


******************

This was a reading challenge where I tried to read as many free books (no ARCs) as I could in 2012.  I signed up for the Coupon Clipper goal.  I did completed this challenge by reading more than 12 freebies in 2012.  Here is a list of the books I read along with links to my reviews of them.

1. Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
2. Long Hard Ride by Lorelei James
3. Intentions of the Earl by Rose Gordon
4. Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
5. Wallflower by Catherine Gayle
6. Beauty Touched the Beast by Skye Warren
7. Pole Star by Josephine Myles
8. Duchess of Love by Sally MacKenzie
9. The Lesson Plan by Jackie Barbosa
10. An Oral Fixation by Piper Vaughn
11. The Beauty in the Beast by Regina Puckett
12. Masked Desires by Elizabeth Coldwell
13. Dine & Dash by Abigail Roux
14. When I Say When by Tia Fielding



********************


The goal of this challenge was to read as many adult paranormal/fantasy 2012 releases as I could.  During sign-ups, I chose the I'd Pet a Werewolf category as my main goal.  I did manage to complete this challenge by reading between 11 and 20 books.  The books I read for this challenge are listed below along with links to my reviews.

1. Lothaire by Kresley Cole
2. The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter
3. Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright
4. Lover Reborn by JR Ward
5. Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione
7. Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
8. Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter
9. Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh
10. Firelight by Kristen Callihan
12. How Beauty Met the Beast by Jax Garren
13. Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione


***************

Hosted by The Story Siren.

This was the reading challenge that I did not do very well with this year.  I signed up for the ultimate goal of reading FIFTEEN (15) young adult/middle grade debut novels and I epically failed in this one.  I'm not sure what happened, but I had a hard time getting inspired to read some of the debuts that I had planned for last year.  But, here is the list of the five (!) debuts I managed to read and review this year.  I am signed up for this challenge again and hope to do much better next time!


1. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
2. Demons at Deadnight by A&E Kirk
3. What A Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn
4. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
5. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.