Tuesday, November 27, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Most Anticipated Books of 2013

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.


TOP TEN MOST ANTICIPATED BOOKS OF 2013


1. Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer [YA Steampunk] (FEBRUARY 5)
The first Lunar Chronicles book (Cinder) was one of my favorite reads last year so it stands to reason that I am pumped to see what Marissa Meyer comes up with next. I love the way that she took the Cinderella fairy tale and gave it a science fiction/steampunk twist. Can't wait to see what she does with Little Red Riding Hood!

2. Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead [YA Paranormal] (FEBRUARY 12)
I just discovered Richelle Mead's YA paranormals this year and I am so glad I did! Her vampire world is complex and completely original. I loved the Vampire Academy books, but am slowly falling even more in love with the spin-off series, Bloodlines. After the way The Golden Lily ended, I am anxious to get my hands on this one!

3. Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove #4) by Tessa Dare [Historical Romance] (MAY 28)
Tessa Dare has become one of my auto-buy historical writers, mostly due to this series. I believe I have given every book in the series (minus the holiday novella) a 5-star rating so I'm hoping this one will live up to my expectations!


4. Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood #11) by JR Ward [Paranormal Romance] (MARCH 31)
Qhuay!! I have been waiting for Blaylock and Qhuinn's HEA forever and it is finally almost here! Plus I am eager to see how the events of Lover Reborn are going to effect the lives of our beloved vampires!

5. Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark #2) by Gena Showalter [Paranormal Romance] (FEBRUARY 26)
I love Gena's sexy, tortured heroes and wingless angel Koldo sounds like he will be one of the best! I really like where Ms. Showalter is going with this series with a group of angels that are in danger of being cast out heaven.

6. MacRieve (Immortals After Dark #13) by Kresley Cole [Paranormal Romance] (MAY 14)
We don't know much about this next IAD book, but that doesn't matter to me! I will read almost anything Ms. Cole writes plus I love that she is returning to the powerful werewolf clan from the early books. Can't wait to hear about Uilleam's heroine and see the cover!



7. Sweet Peril (Sweet Trilogy #2) by Wendy Higgins [YA Paranormal] (APRIL 30)
Sweet Evil was one of my favorite debuts of 2012 and I am eagering awaiting the next installment in Ms. Higgins' paranormal trilogy. The concept is original (sons and daughters of fallen angels) and dark, but is balanced with a great sense of humor and well-developed characters.

8. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen [YA Contemporary] (JUNE 4)
Sarah Dessen is one of the authors that got me interested in YA fiction and I can't wait to read her newest story. She is one of the best at creating sympathetic heroines, swoonworthy heroes, and some realistic situations that bring back many memories.

9.Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane #5) by Elizabeth Hoyt [Historical Romance] (FEBRUARY 26)
Ms. Hoyt's Maiden Lane series is everything I love about historical romance with its dark overtones, sensuality, and rich worldbuilding. I have adored every installment and this one seems like it will be no different.

10. Styxx (Dark Hunters #18) by Sherrilyn Kenyon [Paranormal Romance] (AUGUST 6)
I will admit that I have had a hard time with quite a few of the recent DH books, but I am definitely excited to read about Acheron's twin brother. I love when Ms. Kenyon works within the Greek or Atlantean pantheon!

Honorable Mentions: Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost, Prodigy by Marie Lu, A Woman Entangled by Cecelia Grant, The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn, Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep

8 comments:

  1. Lover At Last. One of the first blogs I've seen it on. I cannot wait for that to unfold.

    Oooh, I'm sill in the early stages of the Dark-Hunters, but I do love it.

    Great list! New follower via GFC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo, Lover at Last is on my list too! (I need to read #10 first though lol). Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Scarlet! Cinder was so amazing! Nice list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lover at Last, FOR SURE! I'm also really looking forward to Beauty Awakened though it didn't make my list. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes! I'm stoked for Scarlet and the new Dessen book as well! Did you hear that the 4th Bloodlines book is going to be half in Adrian's POV? :D
    Here’s my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I totally forgot about Sweet Peril! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Marissa Meyer. I think she did a fantastic job weaving the story in Cinder, and Scarlet is definitely just as good. I can't wait to have a real, physical copy in my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list - definitely waiting on Scarlet, even though I have yet to crack open my copy of Cinder! Sweet Evil & The Bloodlines series are on the old reading list as well :) Thanks for sharing.

    My TTT this week.

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.