Tuesday, November 20, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (45): Books/Authors I'm Thankful For

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.


TOP FIVE BOOKS I'M THANKFUL FOR


1. There's a Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer Mayer
My favorite picture book as a child.  It started my lifelong obsession with reading. 

2. American Girl series by various authors
My favorite books from early elementary school.  They were some of the first chapter books I read on my own and also started my love affair with history.  

3. Babysitters Club series by Ann M. Martin
This series was everything to me in late elementary and middle school.  I think I've read almost all of them.

4. The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
My first adult romance novel.  I fell in love with the genre and the rest, I guess, is history!

5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Dystopian fiction is one of my favorite genres and I have this book to thank for introducing me to it.


TOP FIVE AUTHORS I'M THANKFUL FOR

1. JK Rowling
Duh!  She wrote my all-time favorite series and changed my whole outlook on books.

2. Sarah Dessen
Her YA stories got me interested in the genre and her characters have always felt like they could be my best friend.

3. Philippa Gregory 
She helped start my fascination with adult historical fiction once I outgrew the Dear America and American Girl series.

4. Jane Austen
The author who showed me that "literary classics" could still be entertaining over two hundred years later.

5. William Shakespeare
I love all of his work (plays and sonnets) and they really inspired my love of everything British!


7 comments:

  1. Babysitters Club! Yes! I absolutely loved those books. And of course The Hunger Games and JK Rowling! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay babysitters club! Loved that series growing up, and I still have at least 20 of my books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this list! Did you hear the Babysitter's Club as ebooks, my inner 12 year old is beyond excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Baby-Sitters Club! :) And Philippa Gregory is a good one too...she definitely made me more interested in history (as smutty as her's sometimes was lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list! You're definitely bringing back memories with The Babysitters Club.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a couple in common, and I really need to read more Jane Austen and Sarah Dessen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, the The Hunger Games books were great. But I've to thank Battle Royale for my love of dystopian^^
    And I'm thankful for JK Rowling, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.