Tuesday, November 6, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (43): Freebie--Blogger Recommendations

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



FREEBIE:
TOP TEN BOOKS/SERIES RECOMMENDED BY BLOGGERS

For my Freebie topic, I decided to feature the best books that have been recommended to me by a fellow blogger.  One of my favorite things about book blogging is being introduced to books thanks to reviews, features, and recommendations of others.  Here we go!

1. Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper (Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy) [REVIEW]
Absolutely hilarious books that focus on Jane, a former children's librarian, who is unwillingly turned into a vampire and must adjust to her new undead life.

2. The Agency series by Y.S. Lee (YA Historical) [REVIEW]
Trio of books that showcases the different classes of Victorian London.  It primarily features Mary Quinn, a former child thief who is saved from the gallows by a group of ladies who train her to be a spy for their causes.


3. Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban (M/M Romantic Suspense) [REVIEW]
I got into male/male romance because of bloggers and had heard of this series for ages before starting it this summer.  Within a few months, I read all six existing installments and am eagerly awaiting more of my favorite FBI agents: Ty and Zane.

4. Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (Urban Fantasy)
This series probably doesn't need much of an introduction, but I never would have been inspired to try it without my fellow bloggers. Watching MacKayla Lane transform from pink-loving Southern belle to kickass fae killer was pure entertainment...plus I got to meet the alpha of all alphas: Jericho Z. Barrons!


5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (YA Contemporary)
This is a book that goes beyond the stereotypes of YA romance.  Everything about it works from the romantic setting (Paris!) to the relatable characters to the super sweet, but realistic teen romance.

6. Angelfall by Susan Ee (YA Urban Fantasy) [REVIEW]
I discovered this self-published gem through the blogger network and have recommended it to almost anyone I can.  Penryn's journey to find her sister while avoiding the angels that have descended to the Earth after the apocalypse is thrilling and kept me turning pages late into the night.


7. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park (YA Contemporary) [REVIEW]
Another self-published discovery that I never would have found without the blogging community.  I loved reading about Julie's first year in college and her interactions with the mysterious Watkins family.  

8. Hounded by Kevin Hearne (Urban Fantasy)
Atticus is one of my favorite characters in literature and his adventures as a thousand year old druid are pure storytelling magic.  I am so glad that I heard about this book and met Atticus and his talking dog, Oberon.


9. Between Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton (M/M Contemporary) [REVIEW]
One of my first experiences with male/male romance and it was an epic read.  Both Jaime and Levi are great, detailed characters and their development to friends and eventually to lovers gets me every time I re-read it.  

10. Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane (Urban Fantasy) [REVIEW]
I was a little hesitant to try this book after hearing about the main character, Chess, who is a continuing drug addict.  Thankfully, my blogger friends were very persistent and made sure I tried this dark, gripping series.  I am so glad and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a great UF book.

5 comments:

  1. My new favorite romance, displacing Anna on the list, is My Life Next Door. I still need to finish The Agency. Here's my freebie list http://wp.me/pzUn5-1i2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm The Fever series ♥ Also introduced to me by a fellow blogger...isn't that the best? :D Angelfall and The Jane Jameson series is also on my reading list and also recommended by fellow bloggers! Great list, thanks for sharing. Old follower, here's my TTT this week

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously I agree with Anna. I have Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs and Flat Out Love, but haven't gotten to them yet. I love your idea for this list! There are so many good books out there that I would have missed if it wasn't for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been dying to read The Agency Series!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I agree with you on Anna and the French Kiss, Angelfall and Cut&Run. All gems.
    (But I didn't like Flat-Out Love, at all...I thought it's going to be awesome...but it felt flat)

    My TTT


    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.