Friday, November 2, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (48)

Gain New Blog Followers

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!



Q: What is a deal breaker for you in a book? 

The biggest deal breaker for me is poor editing and bad grammar.  I am a former English major and was almost an English teacher so poor spelling and sentence structure just gets my blood pressure going.  I do understand that not everyone has great grammar skills, but professionally published works should be as close to perfect as possible.  

There are things that may make me think twice about a book like cheating in romances, insta-love, and main characters that don't grow.  But, I have learned that good writers can make almost anything work so I am a little more willing to keep trying a book with these characteristics.

*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

4 comments:

  1. I SO agree!!!
    I cannot stand it when I get so annoyed with catching the grammatical errors that I no longer can enjoy the story.

    Old follower-
    Come check out My FF
    -Theresa

    Also, don’t forget to enter my Giveaway to win any book from the book depository, HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new linky follower! I can love with bad editing up to a point. There has only been one book where I was ready to throw it out the window bc of the awkward sentences, misspelled words or incorrect use of words, etc..

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer! All of those are peeves of mine too--especially character who don't grow or develop throughout the novel!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, bad editing is just annoying! Especially if it's a traditionally published book - I usually cut some slack with self published authors :)
    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog, I’ve returned the favor :)
    Katie @ Fiction Predictions

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.