Monday, October 1, 2012

WEEKLY RECAP: September 24-September 30, 2012





Last Week on Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews:

Book Reviews:

4 Stars -- Stars & Stripes by Abigail Roux
5 Stars -- Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean 

Blog Features:

Monday Kindle Deals
Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Haven't Finished Yet
My Book Boyfriend: Simon Pearson, Duke of Leighton
Waiting on Wednesday: Snow White Sorrow by Cameron Jace
Dirty Little Secret: September Releases
Follow Friday: Big Words in Books

Books Read:

What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green #5) by Julie Anne Long (4.5 Stars)
Loved almost everything about this one!  The heroine is intelligent and admirable while the hero is one of the most unique I've ever read.  I've never read any of Julie Anne Long's books, but she is on my radar now!  Full review coming soon.

Demonglass (Hex Hall #2) by Rachel Hawkins (4 Stars)
Holy cliffhanger!  I need the next book now!  Sophie is a great YA heroine especially with her sarcastic view of her paranormal world.  I'm not a huge fan of love triangles, but this one is fairly interesting.  Love both guys so I can actually feel invested in that plot line.  Full review coming soon.

Frat Boy and Toppy by Anne Tenino (3 Stars)
Cute male/male romance.  I was pleasantly surprised by the change in sexual roles with the bottom and top.  Some of the sex felt a little overdone, but still fairly enjoyable.

Books Purchased Or Received:

Once Upon a Ballroom by Maya Rodale, Miranda Neville, Katharine Ashe, and Caroline Linden
The Pirate Next Door by Jennifer Ashley
Beguilement by Lois McMaster Bujold
Eve by Anne Carey
Through the Eyes of a Geek by Kat Brookes
The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton
Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson
Seductive Secrets by Colleen Connally
Dragon's Kiss by Tielle St. Claire
Heiress Without a Cause by Sara Ramsey
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

Plans for Next Week:

Top Ten Tuesday: Older Books Not To Be Missed
My Book Boyfriend: Alexander Moncrieffe, Duke of Falconbridge
Waiting on Wednesday: The Lady Most Willing
Review: The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper
Review: Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins


1 comment:

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.