Sunday, October 14, 2012

WEEKLY RECAP: October 8-14, 2012




Last Week on Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews:


Blog Features:
FOLLOW FRIDAY: Books as Halloween Movies

Books Read:

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2 by Naoko Takeuchi (4 Stars)
I'm continuing my nostalgic trip through the Sailor Moon manga.  The cliffhanger ending of Volume 1 had me searching for this version quickly.  I continue to be in awe of Takeuchi's illustrations.  They are beautiful without being cheesy or over the top.  I really like the pacing of the storyline (no filler!).  The Usagi/Mamoru romance was a favorite of mine in the anime, but the manga version is ten times better.  The chemistry is obvious and so much fun to read.  Can't wait for the next volume!




Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed #8) by Lara Adrian (4 Stars)
I am a little behind in this series, but this book reminded me why I love it so much.  Brock is a great paranormal hero: powerful, protective, and sexy as anything.  His friendship with Kane has always been a favorite thing of mine and it was great to get to know him better.  Jenna is a hell of a heroine.  She has been put in a hard situation and handles it much better than I would.  There are a few TSTL moments, but they are only at the beginning and she owns up to them.  The overarching story for the series continues to get more and more complex.  The ending really throws a wrench in to the series and I am eager to see what happens next.


College Boys (Holsum College #1) by Daisy Harris (4 Stars)
Very sweet male/male romance that is sexy and romantic.  The setting is a small liberal arts college in Vermont and provided a great background for a gentle love story.  I am always intrigued by stories that focus on coming out and this is a great one.  Both heroes are relatable and easy to care about.  Together they are a great couple and provide plenty of sexy scenes especially the ones where they "talk" through the wall separating their dorm rooms.  I really liked all the secondary characters and hope to see them pop up in later versions.  Full review coming soon.



Deep Desires by Charlotte Stein (3.5 Stars)
A short, but powerful erotica romance.  Both Ivan and Abbie are tortured and wary of intimacy which makes for an interesting story.  The slow seduction is different and really pulls the reader in.  I do wish that the page count would have been higher.  I loved getting to know these characters and wanted to see more of their growing relationship.  But, I definitely recommend this for fans of erotic romance that goes beyond tons of sex though those scenes (especially the voyeurism ones) were alot of fun!


Books Purchased Or Received: 
Lord of Temptation by Lorraine Heath
Hunger Untamed by Pamela Palmer
Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson
College Boys by Daisy Harris



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.