Sunday, October 21, 2012

WEEKLY RECAP: October 15-21, 2012




Last Week on Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews:


Book Reviews:
Demonglass (Hex Hall #2) by Rachel Hawkins
Frat Boy and Toppy (Theta Alpha Gamma #1) by Anna Tenino
Love Hypothetically (Theta Alpha Gamma #2) by Anna Tenino

Blog Features:
Kindle Deals
Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Historical/Paranormal Romance Authors
My Book Boyfriend: Rhage
Waiting on Wednesday: The Lady Most Willing
What's Next 
Follow Friday: Not My Usual Genres

Books Read:

How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight #1) by Jax Garren (4.5 Stars)
Loved this first installment in a new paranormal romance/urban fantasy trilogy!  I have a huge obsession with "Beauty and the Beast" retellings so this was perfect for me.  The heroine (Jolie) was fiesty without being annoying and the hero (Hauk) just made me fall in love with him.  Full review coming soon.


Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3 by Naoko Takeuchi (4 Stars)
Another great story that continues with the Sailor Scouts fight against Queen Beryl then introduces my personal favorite villains, the Black Moon Clan!  I can see some definite differences between the anime and manga and am excited to read more.  Plus the art continues to blow me away!




Iron's Prophecy (Iron Fey #4.5) by Julie Kagawa (4 Stars)
Another novella for one of my favorite YA series!  I love seeing all my favorite characters like Meghan, Puck, Ash, Grimalkin, and others.  The plot isn't anything unique or different for Iron Fey fans, but it does provide some great background for what Kagawa plans to do in the next series.  Full review coming soon.
Lord of Temptation (Lost Lords of Pembrook #2) by Lorraine Heath (3.5 Stars)
I enjoyed this historical romance, but not as much as the first book in the series.  I really liked learning more about Tristan and thought he was a great hero.  I do have a thing for pirates!  My biggest problem seemed to be with the heroine, Anne.  She just never kept my attention and didn't seem special enough for a hero like Tristan.  The romance was okay, but I liked the scenes with them on the ship much more than back in the city.  All that being said, I am excited to read Rafe's book since he is the most mysterious (and angriest) of the brothers.   Also, I hope to see Lord Chetwin get a happily ever after someday!



A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (Matter of Time #1-2) by Mary Calmes (3.5 Stars)
This was an interesting read.  Both heroes were likable and easy to care about.  Their love story is full of enough tenderness and drama to keep me interested.  But, I wasn't a big fan of all the side characters.  Sometimes I got confused as to who was who and how they related to the main story.  I did enjoy reading about Jory and Sam enough that I will definitely read the next installment especially with that cliffhanger of an ending!




Books Purchased Or Received: 
Unlovable by Sherry Gammon
Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton
Hot Stuff by Carly Phillips
Slow Ride by Lorelei James
Stray by Rachel Vincent
One Thread Pulled: Dance with Mr. Darcy by Diana J. Oaks
The Tattooed Duke by Maya Rodale
Midnight's Wild Passion by Anna Campbell
Second Seduction of a Lady by Miranda Neville
Dark Craving by Donna Grant
When Beauty Met the Beast by Jax Garren
Caught Running by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban

Plans for Next Week (subject to change):
Monday
Kindle Deals
Review of Admit One by Jenna Hilary Sinclair

Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday: Books To Get Into the Halloween Spirit

Wednesday
Waiting on Wednesday: Sealed with a Curse by Cecy Robson

Thursday
Review of How Beauty Met the Beast by Jax Garren
What's Next

Friday
Follow Friday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.