Tuesday, October 30, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (42): Kick-Ass Heroines

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN KICK-ASS HEROINES


 1. MacKayla Lane (Fever series by Karen Marie Moning)
One of the best parts of the Fever series (besides Barrons, of course!) was watching Mac go from pink-loving, Southern belle to badass Unseelie killer over the course of five books.  She goes through alot in this series, but comes out stronger than ever by the end.   

2. Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins)
I won't go too far into Katniss since I'm thinking everyone has either read the book, seen the movie, or at least knows who she is.  I will just say that I find her to be an admirable, though not perfect YA heroine who is not afraid to do what she needs to in order to save those she cares about.

3. Cat Crawfield (Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost)
A half-vampire known among the supernatural world as the Red Reaper.  She is not afraid to pick a fight with any type of paranormal creature and usually comes out on top.  Plus she has an amazingly kickass husband in Bones, a vampire bounty hunter.

4. Xhex (Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward)
She is a controversial character among BDB fans.  I am one of the few readers who loved her and her badass personality.  Xhex (killer name!) is a half-vampire, half-Sympath who can manipulate others' emotions.  She works as the second in command at a nightclub and is not afraid to use her vampire strength to deal with rowdy customers.

5. Chess Putnam (Downside Ghosts series by Stacia Kane)
Chess is an unusual kickass heroine.  She is strong in her own right especially with the whole witch, ghost-fighting powers.  But, what makes her even more kickass is her drug addiction which she is forced to deal with through the course of the series and makes her very admirable.  Plus she has a hell of a boyfriend in bruiser Terrible.

6. Eve Dallas (In Death series by JD Robb)
Lieutenant Eve Dallas works for the homicide division of the New York Police in the year 2058.  She is kickass because of her fighting skills, her devotion to her job, and her emotional strength which has helped her overcome a very traumatic childhood.  Don't mess with this woman or any of the people she cares about!

7. Rose Hathaway (Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead)
Another badass YA heroine!  Rose is a dhampir training to be a guardian for her best friend and vampire princess, Lissa.  She is not always the most likable heroine, but readers can't help take note of her superior fighting skills.

8. Tayla Manusco (Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione)
A demon hunter with a mysterious bloodline who gets involved with a incubus doctor.  I adore most of Ione's heroines, but Tayla has a special place in my heart with her no-nonsense combat style and protective nature.

9. Merit (Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill)
I am only a few books into this series, but I can already tell that Merit is one kickass lady!  She starts out as a grad student forcibly turned into a vampire and quickly evolves into a strong guardian for her vampire clan.  I can't wait to see how she evolves in the later books of the series.

10. Lanore Vesta (Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright)
Lanore is the main character of this amazing independent urban fantasy I read earlier this year.  She is a strong, intelligent woman who lives in a world where paranormal creatures and Mixbreeds are forced to live in specific, poverty-stricken communities.  One of my favorite characters of 2012!

Honorable Mentions: Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling, Claire Randall from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Fiona MacEnroy from Highland Warrior by Hannah Howell, Sienna Lauren from Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh

6 comments:

  1. Ooh...Xhex is a good one! I thought about putting Rose but just decided I didn't like her attitude that much towards the end of the series lol. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! I've read most of these series, and the ones I haven't are on my TBR list. :-)

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiction
    shelfaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly, I have yet to read about the awesome Cat Crawfield, but the series is definitely on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get to Fever and Vampire Academy pronto! They just sound SO GOOD! =)

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katniss! After reading your list, may I suggest Ismae from GRAVE MERCY? If you haven't read the book, I think you'd like it.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.