Tuesday, October 23, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (41): Books To Get Into the Halloween Spirit

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.


TOP TEN BOOKS TO GET YOU INTO THE HALLOWEEN SPIRIT



1. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff     
This book is on here because it is a great story and has one of the creepiest covers I've seen in forever.  I bought this based on the cover alone which never happens. 

2. Jenny Pox (The Paranormals #1) by J.L. Bryan

I'm not big into horror, but I really enjoyed this terrifying and still romantic at times story.  The main character has the supernatural ability to infect anyone who comes into contact with her bare skin.  Think Rogue from X-men, but worse. 



3. . Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane

The first in a very creepy urban fantasy series where ghosts run rampant and require witches like Chess Putnam to keep them in line.

4. Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) by Gail Carriger
A steampunk/paranormal romance that includes a variety of supernatural creatures from vampires to werewolves to people like Alexia Tarabotti who are born without souls.  The beginning of a hilarious and spooky series.

5. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
The beginning of an intriguing YA paranormal series that isn't afraid to push the envelope with its plots or characters.  Hawkins does a great job of taking stereotypes and twisting them around to suit her needs.  



7. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

Another fabulous YA series that went above and beyond my expectations.  Don't let the the cliched title fool you.  This is a set of books full of supernatural fun, action, and characters you will become obsessed with.  Team Dimitri and Team Adrian for the win!! 

6. Demonica series by Larissa Ione
One of my favorite paranormal series ever!  I love almost everything about these books from the intense worldbuilding to the sexy romance to the lovable, but still dangerous creatures.  If you ever wondered what it would be like to have world where demons live side by side humans (without their knowledge), this is perfect for you.

8. Cabot Family series by Teresa Medeiros
A historical/paranormal romance duology that I have adored for years!  They have a very Dracula feel to them and are full of mystery which is perfect for the season.  Definitely recommended!


9. Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
Another amazing urban fantasy series with my all-favorite paranormal hero, Bones, and his kickass half-vampire wife, Cat.  Fans of sexy, dark vampire stories will enjoy this ongoing series.

10. Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper
Hilarious is the best way I can describe this series which stars a former child librarian who was unwilling turned into a vampire and tries adjust to her new undead lifestyle.  Jane is a fabulous heroine whose supernatural antics will keep readers entertained from beginning to end.
   

8 comments:

  1. The Replacement does have a VERY creepy cover. I'm going to have to look that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these (yet!) but I'm really interested in The Replacement. The cover scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Hex Hall on my TBR pile! A good read for Halloween :)
    Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Soulless, and I just could NOT get into it--which made me sad, because the series comes highly recommended to me by so many people. It's the writing style, honestly. I just am not into the whole stiff and formal Victorian area style of writing. The story was good, and the characters were great...but I just don't see reading anything else in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 and 7 made my list as well and the other books on your list look uber creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good list, I love Hex Hall as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love urban fantasy! I'm going to give a try to the Unholy Ghosts series. Thanks for the rec!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fuck YES! Vampire Academy and Hex Hall are the answer! LOVE these two serie like crazy!! <3 <3 Should really pick them up if I am not going out on Halloween :P :P GREAT LIST! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.