Wednesday, October 17, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (53): Rhage



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

RHAGE 
Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward


About Rhage:
  • Blond hair, teal blue eyes.
  • Known as Hollywood due to his looks.
  • Physically the strongest of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.
  • Cursed to transform into a creature known as The Beast when experiencing strong emotions.
  • Uses sex to keep The Beast at bay, but wants more from a relationship.


One of the first ways that readers are introduced to Rhage in the series:
If sex were food, Rhage would haven been morbidly obese. --Dark Lover




How Rhage and Mary, his heroine, met:

"My name...my name is Mary. I'm here with a friend."
Rhage stopped breathing. His heart skipped a beat and then slowed. "Say that again," he whispered.

"Ah, my name is Mary Luce. I'm a friend of Bella's...We came here with a boy, with John Matthew. We were invited."
Rhage shivered, a balmy rush blooming out all over his skin. The musical lilt of her voice, the rhythm of her speech, the sound of her words, it all spread through him, calming him, comforting him. Chaining him sweetly.
He closed his eyes, "Say something else."
"What?" she asked, baffled. 

"Talk. Talk to me. I want to hear your voice." --Lover Eternal




How Rhage reacts to finding someone who satisfies him physically and emotionally:

The rejection didn't phase him. "Fine.  If I can't have you, then you do the taking.  Have all of me, part of me, a small piece, whatever you want.  Just please, have something." --Lover Eternal

This quote breaks my heart every time:

" I will not fall in love with you," she said. "I can't let myself. I won't."
"That's all right.  I'll love you enough for the both of us." --Lover Eternal


My Rhage: Jason Lewis from Sex and the City and Charmed


2 comments:

  1. I REALLLLLY need to start this series soon!

    Great quote picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hello? Swooning over here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.